Last Updated: April 4, 2019
Hair removal has been a bane to women’s existence for a long time now. If you’re a teenager or older, you would’ve surely considered all means to get rid of the excessive hair growth on your body. An Epilator is an electronic device that essentially gets hold of multiple hairs and removes them by plucking them out. If you’re looking to get your hands on an epilator, we’ve talked in-depth about the best epilators of 2019.
An Epilator doesn’t require help from another person and lasts anywhere between 4-8 weeks depending on the person’s hair growth cycle. Epilators can be plug in or even battery operated which makes them great for travel.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Best Epilator Reviews 2019
- 1.1 1. Braun Silk Epil 9 9-579 – [Editor’s Pick – 2019]
- 1.2 2. Braun SE7561 Silk Epil 7 – [Best Selling Epilator on Amazon]
- 1.3 3. Emjoi AP-18 Emagine
- 1.4 4. Philips HP6574/50 Satin – [Best Cheap Epilator]
- 1.5 5. Panasonic ES-ED90-P [Best Epilator For Sensitive Skin]
- 1.6 6. Emjoi Epi Slim [Best Facial Epilator]
- 1.7 7. Remington EP7030 – Smooth & Silky Deluxe Rechargeable Epilator
- 1.8 What Is An Epilator and How Does It Work?
- 2 Epilator Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Epilator For Public Hair
- 3 Benefits of Using An Epilator
Best Epilator Reviews 2019
|Braun Silk Epil 9 9-579||Best for removing very short hairs|
|Braun SE7561 Silk Epil 7||Suitable for both thin & thick body hairs|
|Emjoi AP-18 Emagine||Works best on medium length hairs|
|Philips HP6574/50 Satin||Best used for thicker hairs|
|Panasonic ES-ED90-P||Hypo-allergenic & Perfect for |
|Emjoi Epi Slim||Best suited for delicate areas such as underarms, |
face and bikini line
|Remington EP7030||Comes with a massaging cap with aloe vera |
for soothing skin
1. Braun Silk Epil 9 9-579 – [Editor’s Pick – 2019]
- Braun Silk Epil has a 40% wider head than most regular epilators, which enables the user to remove a lot more hair in one stroke.
- With around 40 tweezer heads, it makes the entire process much faster and efficient. It has an ergonomical design which is easy to get a grip of and glides along the contours of your body to make epilation more comfortable.
- This Braun epilator functions on the Micro Grip technology, which means it removes the tiniest hair from your body (0.2mm precisely).
- The product is extremely travel friendly since it is cordless and can be used both wet and dry. A single charge lets you use the epilator for upto 40 minutes straight. It comes with two speed modes and a built in light that helps you see the hair better while epilating.
2. Braun SE7561 Silk Epil 7 – [Best Selling Epilator on Amazon]
- The Silk Epil 7 is Braun’s most efficient epilator which works well on short hairs that lasts upto 4 weeks. It is fully waterproof and can be used in the bath or shower.
- Braun Silk works on the close grip technology, hence giving you a super close and smooth epilation being able to remove hair as short as 0.5mm.
- Much like the Epil 9, Braun Silk also comes with built in 40 tweezer heads to give you a quick and easy epilation experience. It has a pivoting head which lets you move it along the curves of your body and easily epilate tricky places such as your knees and elbows.
- It’s a cordless device and a single charge gets it ready for upto 40 minutes of usage. Braun Silk can be used both wet and dry and comes with a built in light to let you see the hair clearly while epilating. You get 2 speed modes to let you choose the intensity with which you want to epilate.
- Unlike the Braun ones, Emjoi Emagine epilator comes with 72 tweezer heads to make your epilation as quick and smooth as possible. It’s curved shape and ergonomic design makes it really easy to epilate the hard to reach places.
- Emjoi’s patented Glide technology removes hair swiftly and smoothly without irritating the skin. The silver ion technology ensures the tweezer heads are safe from bacteria. Furthermore, it has staggered dual opposed heads that gently stretch the skin while epilating so that the hair comes off efficiently.
- Emjoi Emagine is a corded epilator and hence not feasible for wet application or the best choice for travelling. It comes with 2 speed settings.
4. Philips HP6574/50 Satin – [Best Cheap Epilator]
- Philips Satin is an extremely lightweight and compact device. Its shape and size makes it perfect to hold and fits the palm just right.
- Philips Satin has 21 tweezers which is ideal for people who are just starting out and don’t want anything too speedy. It gives a close epilation, letting you remove hair as short as 0.5mm.
- It’s corded and hence can only be put to dry application. Comes with 2 speed modes to allow you choose the speed with which you want to epilate.
5. Panasonic ES-ED90-P [Best Epilator For Sensitive Skin]
- With its 48 tweezing heads, Panasonic ES removes more hair in a single motion than most other epilators, hence making the process time efficient. The product has a pivoting head which makes it easy to move around your body and get rid of hair.
- Panasonic ES has a hypo allergenic blade and a wide dual disc head that is perfect for sensitive skin and gentle epilation. For beginners who find the 48 tweezing heads quite intimidating, the product comes with a gentle cap that allows them to cover half the blades for a slower epilation.
- Panasonic ES is cordless and can be used both wet and dry. It can also be easily cleaned by just keeping the head under running water. Panasonic ES has a built in LED light to ensure that you don’t miss out on any hair while epilating.
6. Emjoi Epi Slim [Best Facial Epilator]
- As the name suggests, Emjoi Epi is sleek and compact device and fits perfectly in your palm, giving you a nice grip of it. With just 9 tweezer heads its designed especially for the delicate areas such as underarms, face and bikini line. It can even be used for touch ups on your arms and legs.
- Like most Emoji epilators, this facial epilator has a powerful motor that plucks here from the roots. To new comers, it might seem a like intimidating since it’s slightly loud for an epilator that size. For optimal results, it is best used in small circular motions around your face or other sensitive areas.
- Emjoi Epi is battery operated and runs on 2AA batteries. Since it is made for delicate areas, it is best that you exfoliate your skin before using this epilator so that hair comes off easily in a single stroke and you don’t not have to go through the same area over and over again.
- Ideal for travelling and can be carried around in your handbag quite easily.
- Remington EP7030 epilator seems a little bulky to look at but is not very heavy and also has an anti slip grip attached to it, which gives it a great hold.
- The product has 40 tweezer heads which is ideal for removing your body hair quickly and precisely. This facial epilator comes with a precision cap which enables you to remove hair from more sensitive areas such as your face hence making it a multipurpose epilator.
- The product has a rotating head to ensure every single hair is removed. It even comes with a massaging cap infused with aloe vera gel to give your skin that smooth and soft finish after epilation.
- Remington Epilator is cordless and rechargeable. A single full charge lasts upto 40 minutes. It can be used wet or dry and it even has a light to let you see the fine hair so you can properly remove them. It has 2 speed setting to choose from, depending on whether you are removing coarse or fine hair.
What Is An Epilator and How Does It Work?
Epilator makes a quick and easy way of getting rid of hair for longer time durations. It removes hair from the follicles just like waxing does, but unlike waxing, the process of epilation doesn’t remove the any skin cells from the epidermis.
Source: But First, Coffee
Epilator uses a slightly more advanced technology than a tweezer and gets rid of multiple hair in a single stroke. It is almost as painful as waxing would be but it doesn’t require the application of any wax, cream or gel prior to usage. You can use it over arms, legs, underarms.
They can be corded or cordless. Cordless ones are more travel friendly and can also be used in the shower give the choice of both wet and dry application. Depending on how much money you are willing to spend, epilators are available in all price ranges starting from about $30. They are more of an investment since once purchased, they do not require much maintenance and can be used over and over again.
Epilator Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Epilator For Public Hair
No. of Tweezers
An epilator is essentially a collection of electric tweezers plucking out hair from the root. The number of tweezers on an epilator is directly proportional to the speed with which it eliminates hair. More the number of tweezers, faster the process of epilation.
There is a range of epilators available with tweezers starting from 20 going upto 72. As the number keeps increasing, the price range also gets higher. Contrary to popular belief, the pain doesn’t vary according to the number of tweezers. If anything, getting hair out quickly makes sure the procedure is finished in less time so you do not have to handle the pain for long.
Wet or Dry Application
Epilators are of two types, corded and cordless. The corded ones come with a cable attached and need to be plugged in to a power source while using. They can only be used dry. The cordless ones however, can be used both wet and dry since they are not plugged in anywhere and are safe to use in the shower.
Though both corded and cordless epilators do the job of removing hair from the root, many people prefer using an epilator while showering since they find wet epilation slightly more comfortable and less harsh on the skin. A cordless epilator is also handier and travel friendly.
Area of Epilation
It is important to know that an epilator that is meant for arms and legs won’t be suitable for using on areas such as underarms or bikini area. So while choosing an epilator, always keep in mind the area you require it for. For delicate areas, you would require something with lesser tweezers and a smaller head while for using on arms and legs, it would be best to use a much larger head with more number of tweezers to make the process quicker and more convenient.
Apart from the basic epilator head, there are other specifications available in an epilator that distinguish it from just any cheap quality one.
- First comes the speed settings. While some epilators just come with an on or off mode, there are also epilators available with speed settings. Generally there are two- slow and fast. Try to opt for an epilator that gives you the option of choosing a speed setting. It is really beneficial to select a speed mode depending on the hair growth you have and the area you are epilating.
- Next comes the lighting. There are many different epilator models available in the market today that have LED light on them. The LED light is not only great for using when the lighting in you room isn’t bright enough but also helps to see the specific area more clearly. Many a times, we tend to miss a little patch of hair while epilation, so an LED light is always beneficial.
- Last are the epilator accessories. If you’re willing to invest a slightly pricier epilator, go for one that comes with multiples accessories such as cleaning bush, travel pouch, etc. There are also some attachments available such as a roating head that lets you do a pedicure at home. These attachments can easily be replaced by the epilator head and thus lets you use the epilator in more than just one way.
Being a lady myself, I understand the issues we have while choosing anything. After a certain age, an epilator becomes an integral part of our lives. We kept in mind all the possible parameters and came to the conclusion that Braun Silk Epil 9 is the best epilator to go for. The reason being the attachments it comes with, with one product, you can cover the whole body.
If you have any confusion, you can refer back to the epilator reviews and pick the one that suits your skin. Let us know in the comment section if you have any suggestions.