Beauty treatment often merges with modern technology to provide the most convenient methods to a radiant look. Maintaining your outer glow and confidence requires frequent trimming, grooming and shaving. Even though there are lots of options that serve as best at home laser hair removal devices which help remove unwanted hair, there are methods that are either time consuming, painful or does not necessarily give the perfect results.
The technology of laser hair removal at home is currently a great option to remove unwanted hair with long lasting effects and mildness to the skin. The great thing about laser hair removal machine is their ability to disrupt and terminate the growth of hair; deep down from its roots, giving you a smooth, silky, hair-free skin.
Just in case you wish to save your time, Here are our quick recommendations for the best home laser hair removal devices:
Expert & Editor’s Choice: Remington IPL6000Q iLight Pro
With over 30,000 flashes and 94% hair reduction in just 3 treatments. We will suggest you go for the FDA Cleared IPL6000Q version of Remington hair removal devices. What makes us recommend this to you that it has everything exactly like the way we girls want. A flawless design That’s easy to handle and operate all across your body. For the ones who don’t like to compromise. Go for the Remington IPL6000Q iLight Pro.
Budget Friendly Option: MisMon Laser Hair Removal for Women
Not everyone has a similar skin type and not everyone wants a high end version of everything. if you are on a budget or are just entering the world of hair removal. Mismon’s laser hair removal is the perfect device for you. It is FDA cleared and you can see a visible difference in just 4-5 treatments, what better than being able to see the number of flashes over an LCD screen. Seems like MisMon has honed the factors that really matter. Go for it if you are on a budget.
Best At Home Laser Hair Removal Products
1. Remington IPL6000Q iLight Pro [Expert Choice]
Remington IPL6000Q is amongst the most powerful laser hair removal device in the IPL6000 series It is among the most bought laser hair device. With around 1500 flashes can get around 2x times better result in just a few treatments with this device. The iLight pro is an enhanced version of the previous IPL6000 and IPL6000P.
The IPL6000Q is an FDA approved device which means its totally safe to use and the best part is that this is also a device which is also being used by doctors at hair clinics. We love the fact that it’s very lightweight and easy to use. Whenever you buy a hair removal device, always look for the size of the head. It determines how quickly and how much area of skinit will operate on in one go. Bigger head means quicker operation. IPL6000Q has spot size of 2cm2 along with 650-1100nm wavelengths.
In terms of features, Remington IPL6000Q comes with 5 level intensity selector, a surface detector and a skin tone sensor. The sensor part is a great part since it’ll alert you if the device isn’t suitable for your skin. This version works for type IV and fitzpatrick scale skin types.
USP: 1,500 flashes over a wider head that means you get 2x times better results. The IPL6000Q is much better than the previous versions and the fact that it has got two sensors simply save time and effort which otherwise is not the case with other devices.
Pros of Product
- Comes with UV protection and a flash window
- You get a special attachment for facial hair removal
- Skin tone sensor and surface detector
- The brand has a really good customer support
- Better quality quartz bulb with high power
- FDA Cleared
- Results last upto 6 months
Cons of Product
- Wish it was a cordless devices but its not
- Not suitable for every skin type
- Not many flashes compared to its competitors
- Replacement cartridge costs $200 which is expensive
2. MisMon Laser Hair Removal for Women [Budget Friendly Option]
As a female, we always look for options that are painless. Although truth be told. Every hair removal way involves some kind of pain. The MisMon laser hair removal device for women is one that promises less pain and a gentle skin. It is an FDA approved device which works using Laser to destroy the melanin of hair follicle responsible for hair growth.
To see visible results, you need to use the device at a particular area for at least 3-4 times. The time of result depends on the frequency of your treatment and skin type and density. Many users and our friends have told us that they were able to notice almost 90% hair reduction after 9-10 treatment. Though if you are a newbie, please don’t rush the intensity level and go slowly.
What sets this device apart is its design which is ergonomic and easy to use with one hand. You even get a LCD screen to show the number of flashes and it comes with 1-5 energy levels. It is easy and safe to use for your legs hair, underarm, chin butt, bikin and back. Don’t use it over li area or head area. What better than the fact that the brand gives you 12 months warranty.
USP: Ergonomic and an easy to use hand-held design. Users get a LCD screen to view the number of flashes. You can easily set the level type for flashes. At this price point, it’s an attractive offer.
Pros of Product
- FDA Approved device safe to use
- 12 months warranty and 3 months free return and replacement
- Can be used across the body except head and lip area
- Comes with an LCD screen and HR head and SR head
- Visible results after 4-5 treatments
- Comes with 3.0cm square. Treatment window area
Cons of Product
- May not be suitable for certain skin types
- Visible results may differ as per skin types
- Not for every skin type
- Some users complained of burnt skin
3. Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X [Most Efficient]
Getting rid of unwanted hair has never been easier. Dermatologists have recommended this product as a most efficient laser option for home use. This device is the first laser treatment to be certified for home use and safety cleared by FDA.
The advancement of this technology out stages all others with over 3 times more energy for complete hair removal. The Tria Beauty has proven to be the best laser hair removal system when it comes to the hair eliminating energy which emits about 20j/cm2. It effectively targets hair pigments and disrupts melanin formation. It is completely safe and well vetted by skin professionals.
According to dermatologist reviews, there is a high preference to the laser technology of Tria Beauty; this is due to the ease of usage, the efficiency and the precision. It gives users an easy option; instead of booking an appointment for a professional laser treatment which would cost you a fortune, it would be easier to have a laser hair removal treatment right in your place of residence. We have done a Tria Precision review which another great version of the same product.
Pros of Product
- Delivers a stronger hair elimination energy than most hair removal devices
- Highly precise wavelength
- FDA cleared and safe to use at home
- Available in two different sizes depending on the width of area
- Delivers excellent, long lasting results
- Long battery life
- An interactive LED visual to ensure safe settings
- More affordable than professional office appointments
- A 60 days money back guarantee policy
Cons of Product
- It can be harmful to dark skin
- It is unsuitable for tattooed skin
- Unsuitable for blonde, red, and grey hair colors
4. Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 5001
The 5001 takes IPL technology to a whole new level as a clinically tested and best at-home laser hair removal in the market. It features immense upgrades from previous versions, making it our current first choice for hair removal technology.
The silk-expert Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a new technology that has been clinically tested by standard organizations and confirmed for its high quality and efficiency in delivering on permanent hair reduction. It is branded as the safest IPL for its unique skin tone sensors which ensures that the wavelength setting and intensity suits the skin sensitivity of its user.
The 5001 allows you to treat large areas such as the arms and legs in the shortest amount of time possible without compromising the quality of delivery. Its ground-breaking technology is time saving and also most economical.
The 5001 has a unique SensoAdapt skin tone sensor, this feature reads the skin tone of its user at 80x per sec, and adjusts light intensity automatically to the safest and most efficient level setting which ensures the safety of the user.
Each bulb light has a capacity of 120,000 flashes. This covers full body treatment for as long as 15years, and even longer for smaller treatments such as under-arms, and upper lip. You do not need to charge the device. Treatment is fast, with only two energy levels; for beginners and regular. See the video below to find out why this product works the best!
Pros of Product
- Permanent results in short period of time
- SensoAdapt technology which allows adjustability to specific skin tone
- FDA certified and well applicable for home use
- Very fast and efficient
- Only two energy levels with painless treatment
- Does not require batteries, gels, or any other material
- The Venus silk-expert is cost effective
- Most effective on lighter skin tones
Cons of Product
- Has no effect on blonde, grey, white, and red hair due to little amount of melanin on hair color
- Unsuitable for dark skin
- Unsuitable for skin with dark patches or tattoos
5. DEESS IPL Hair Removal Device Series 3 Plus
As per dermatologists, DEESS IPL series 3 plus device is the next best thing in the hair removal department.
Based on Intense Pulse Light technology, this at home laser hair removal equipment emits light of different wavelengths into the skin and targets hair melanin to permanently destroy the hair follicle. After repeated treatments, hair is prevented from growing back and the skin becomes hair-less and smooth.
This cord-shaped, easy-to-grip device is super comfortable and equipped with different energy-level settings for an all-over body treatment. It is suggested to use the device only once a week for 6-12 weeks. The device is FDA-approved and highly recommended for its professional-level effects and outcome.
Well, the price tag won’t turn you off either. You just have to wear the glasses that come along free, plug in the device, adjust the levels and put the device vertically on your skin. Install the lamp properly for efficient working of the device. The lamp of the device gives away 35000 flashes in total whereas your body needs only 15000-20000 which means no lamp-replacement required.
- Device uses clinically proven IPL technology
- Purple coloured and corded design
- Uses a light of 510–1,200 nm
- Both products and services comes from a manufacturer DEESS that has 18 years of experience in supplying equipments to dermatologists and salons
- No cooling gel required as it emits gentle light
- Durable lamp with high-quality quartz tube and UV filters
- 24-hour customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1-year warranty with a 30-day money back guarantee
- Built-in sensors to detect the type of skin
Note: It works best on clean, freshly shaven skin. Also, the device is most suitable for lighter skin tone and darker hair. It should be avoided on areas that have tattoos, moles or birth marks. Adjust the levels as per your skin tone and type. Those who have sensitive skin should keep energy level below 3. Refer to user manual before you start and a pre-test on a small area of skin is suggested.
Pros of Product
- Super-long lifespan
- You get rid of hair for long stretches of time. (4 to 6 months)
- Easy-to-use and reasonably priced
- Safe and handy to be comfortably used at home
- 3,50,000 flashes per lamp and 3 year life-span.
- Non-battery operated
- Free goggles
- Multi-functional device with detachable lamp
Cons of Product
- Does not give immediate results like waxing or shaving.
- Multiple treatments are required which takes months
- Temporary discomfort or irritation on treated skin
- Not suitable for skin with dark tones
6. Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System
This third generation, from the list of best home laser hair removal products out-performs the former with significant tweaks to functionalities, making it one of the best laser hair removal machine in the market.
Remington iLight hair removal is a face and body laser hair treatment. It is FDA certified and can be used within the confines and convenience of your home. This product is a major improvement over its predecessors with 65,000 flashes from each light bulb which is double the capacity of previous models.
Its facial cap is constructed to efficiently handle any kind of facial hair, especially in females; this could be from the upper lip down to the neck, cheeks and chins inclusive. It provides permanent results and should be used only when needed.
PS: This product is known to work best on darker hairs and completely selective of lighter hairs such as blonde or red colored hair. This laser product may have reservations for tattooed skin and dark skin or dark spots.
Read the in-depth review of Remington iLight hair removal
Pros of Product
- This version comes with an upgrade of 65,000 flashes per quartz bulb light.
- Long-lasting battery and cord availability for direct power connection.
- Fast treatment with long-lasting effects.
- Comes with gliding functions which allows a wider coverage to save time.
- Its 5 energy levels enables you choose the most suitable level for your skin.
Cons of Product
- It is not suitable for darker skin tones.
- Unsuitable for grey or white colored hair.
- It should not be used on male face.
- Instructions must be carefully adhered to in order to avoid serious hazards like burns.
- It must not be used on areas with dark spots, moles, or tattoos.
7. Philips Lumea New BRI956/60 Prestige IPL
The Lumea BRI956/60 is an incredible laser hair removal machine which gives users the confidence to become their own treatment technician. It is easy to use and can be used on body surfaces, for facials, and on bikini lines.
The Lumea comes with a slick structure and an easy-hold grip that allows you to use with ease. It is light, with long lasting Lithium ion batteries which allows you to use product anytime anywhere. It also comes with a PLUG cable for charging. The device has a 110-240V capacity and works best for natural brown and black hair. Other hair colors such as grey, red and blonde are an exception.
The IPL hair reduction and removal product is one of a kind with a result range of up to 92% hair growth reduction in only 3 treatments. It stands out as the only IPL with curved tools which conform to bodily curvatures. These special attachments include those for underarms, face, body, and bikini lines.
The smart Philip Lumea features a skin sensor which suggests the most efficient setting for your skin type. This helps to achieve optimal results on usage. Enjoy a long period of hair-free skin with the Phillips Lumea.
Pros of Product
- 92% hair loss in just 3 treatments.
- Comes with attachments which curve to suit the body area.
- Long lasting lithium battery.
- Smart Skin sensors suggest best setting for skin tone type.
- It is highly efficient and preferred by women.
Cons of Product
- Unsuitable for dark skin types
- Ineffective on grey, red and blonde hair
8. LumaRx Full Body IPL Hair Removal Device
LumaRX is FDA cleared for home use and provides the best option for the permanent removal of unwanted hair through IPL hair removal treatment which can be done in your own personal space or the convenience of your home. The suggested treatment duration for this device is once a week for 3 weeks to a month.
IPL wavelengths allow for a wider area reach and this is no difference with LumaRX. It delivers an energy which reaches as deep as the hair roots, destabilizing the regeneration of hair from the roots. The light intensity is regulated with the level options on the device, which allows you choose the level of light intensity that suits your skin tone.
LumaRX mirrors the exact same results as any professional hair laser appointment. It is not only a pro-treatment for various areas such as sideburns, female face, upper lip, underarm, chin, bikini line, chest, stomach, legs and arms, but it is also a very safe option as well.
The IPL hair remover has more affinity for melanin rich hair, this therefore means that it works best on dark hair and less on bright hair such as blonde, grey and red hair.
Safety is of utmost priority to the pioneers of the LumaRX, this is evident in the light filters used to block out harmful levels of wavelength using bespoke technology.
Pros of Product
- 65,000 flashes per cartridge.
- Uses Skin Sensors to suggest safe levels for skin tone.
- FDA cleared and safe for home use.
- Interchangeable treatment attachments.
- Permanent hair reduction in just 3 treatments.
- Uses electricity cords, and doesn’t require charging.
- Uses comfort filter technology.
- Covers large areas in very short time.
Cons of Product
- It is unsuitable for light colored hair such as blonde, grey and red.
- It doesn’t work on dark skin including tattooed skin.
9. Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 3001
The Venus Silk-Expert IPL 3001 features intense pulsed light treatment, a bespoke SensoAdapt technology which is signatory of the brand and a razor attached hair removal system. Its unique physical structure makes handling very easy. Even though this is an earlier version of the 5001, the 3001 stands out in performance and provide the best results on hair laser treatment.
Safety and efficiency is a priority as the IPL 3001 has been clinically tested by professional dermatologist and certified as an effective hair removal mechanism. The treatment process is seamless and fast, with the flexibility of options for sensitive areas. Its sensitivity allows a safe use for beginners and it comes with an original Gillette Venus Razor.
First time users need not be perplexed as this device is easy to use and comes with a comprehensive setting which allows you to start with any mode or level of intensity that best suits you. It is ideal for the underarm, bikini line, and other sensitive areas. It easily glides on the skin during treatment and has no problems with power supply.
The IPL 3001 stands amongst the best laser hair removal options for home use. It is FDA cleared, fast and efficient with maximum results in very little time. It also covers large areas in a short amount of time; this is a feature that is most often required for wider areas such as legs and arms.
Pros of Product
- Features SensoAdapt technology for adjustment to variable skin tones.
- Fast and easy to use.
- Has a gentle mode for beginners and for highly sensitive skin.
- Tested and trusted for permanent hair removal.
- 250,000 flashes per lamp life.
- No batteries, no power failure.
Cons of Product
- Ineffective for blonde, grey and red hair colors.
- Unsafe for dark skin, tattooed skin, and dark moles.
10. Veme Permanent IPL Hair Removal Device
Veme’s laser hair removal device is a pure IPL device that can be used across body parts like face, armpit, arm, chest, bikini line, legs and back. You can get great results using this device which emits intense pulse that’s absorbed by the hair follicles which reduces the growth with time. You will start to see results within just 8 weeks of treating your skin with this device. This is simply better than the pain one goes through processes like waxing, shaving or plucking.
This particular at home laser hair removal machine works best for people that have a natural blonde tone, brown and black hairs. Also if your skin tone is white, ivory, beige or light brown. It works well when it comes to usage and Initially you will start to see progress post 4 weeks of regular usage which means using an area 2-3 times a week.
Since this is an IPL device, it produces flashes which does the same impact as laser. A single flash can be used at a small portion of your skin like at face, underarms and the bikini line. When it comes to using at large surface area like legs, arms, belly, chest or back then you can use continuous flash that will give you better results.
- Takes just 8 weeks to see visible results of no hair at body parts
- Comes with two modes of operation in terms of flashes
- Capable of producing 500,000 flashes
- Can be used at both small and large body parts with ease
- Veme laser hair removal machine comes with great customer service
- The machine has an ergonomic design and is easy to use
- Sometimes results may not be very prominent
- Cannot be used on white, grey, blonde or red hair
- Also not suitable for dark brown and black skin
Which Hair Removal Machine Is Right For You?
A lot of people book professional appointments for laser hair removals due to a lot of reasons such as the intricacy of the process but with modern technology you can have your own laser hair removal treatment at the comfort of your home. All you have to do is to figure out which hair removal device suits your skin and hair color the most. The diversity in skin tone makes it necessary to ascertain the viability of the treatment before making your choice.
Factors to Keep in Mind before Laser Treatment
In choosing a hair removal device that would work best for you, there are a number of factors to put into consideration. These factors are:-
The right choice of device for you must be FDA approved, this means that it is safe for home use and contains built in safety mechanisms. Care must be taken to properly study the manual before use.
Laser Vs IPL
Lasers are monochromatic which allows them to emit a single ray of infrared on a specific wavelength while IPL is polychromatic. This means that IPLs uses multiple wavelengths across a larger area than the Laser, enabling a wider coverage.
IPLs can be used in the comfort of your home while laser treatments must be done by professionals this makes IPLs a less invasive option asides being the most economical. The laser treatment may be a more suitable option for people who wish to use it at home.
Skin and Hair Variability
There are levels of selectivity features to consider when opting for laser hair removal at home. The Fitzpatrick Scale shows a comprehensive breakdown on skin, and hair color variety and how it reacts with IPLs.
PS: It is discovered that the IPL devices are not suitable for dark skin, and light, grey and red hair.
Visual Functional Alerts
For convenience, ensure to go for hair removal devices that have features like;
- cartridge replacement light
- low battery light indicator
- power level and pulse duration indicator
- replacement parts
- comprehensive power levels
Spot Size and Settings
Spot sizes in hair removal devices range from 1cm-6cm. Settings are also important as skin texture differs. Some people may find certain levels a little harsh, so settings may be used to choose options best suited to individual preference.
After considering these options carefully, you can then make a decision on what device best suits your needs. We have reviewed and selected a few great choices that are currently the best in the industry.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
There are large variations when it comes to the cost of laser hair removal at home treatments. This is a necessary beauty procedure which a lot of people, especially females, engage in as often as required. Other traditional permanent hair removal at home techniques such as waxing, shaving, and the others are effective but are temporary and the speed of hair regeneration is unaffected by these methods. This is why laser hair treatment has gained so much popularity for years; people want a permanent solution to unwanted hair.
Laser hair removal treatment by professional appointment definitely differs from one geographical location to another. There are various factors to consider, such as; size of area being treated, and location of the Laser clinic. Here is a possible estimation of laser hair removal cost in the United States:-
- Bikini lines and under arm may cost between $150 – $500
- Bare Back and legs which is wider may cost between $600 – $900
- Series of full body treatment may cost between $1,716 – $2,574
If you choose to opt for a professional laser treatment, make sure to choose a certified and well equipped clinic.
Can You Get Salon Results At Home Instead?
A lot of people are usually skeptical about undertaking the task of having to do their own laser treatment and wondering if they would get the same result as they usually do when they visit the salon. Well yes… you can definitely get the same results! The grade of devices that you are using does matter as well as your knowledge of product usage.
Many people feel discouraged when they experience discomfort or feel like something isn’t going right. There are just a few things you need to have in mind when doing home laser treatment especially for the first time:-
- It will save you money
- Lasers are selective of hair and skin color
- Treatment isn’t necessarily immediate
- It is likely to hurt, especially on sensitive areas
- You may need help treating certain sensitive areas
- Ensure to shave before using laser treatment
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe? What Are The Risks Of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair treatments are highly effective. The lasers travel deep into the skin, to the very roots of hair cells. They destroy the cells and cause a significant reduction in the growth of hair, in some cases growth is permanently terminated. This requires very powerful light energy. Optimum result is achieved within an average of 3-7 sessions of treatment.
- Exercise caution on sensitive skin – a lot of people feels a sunburn sensation after a laser treatment session on certain areas of the skin. It would be wise to see consult before using laser treatment on certain sensitive areas to get relevant advice on how to go about it.
- Avoid using laser hair removal for dark skin or tattooed skin – the effect of the laser is to attach melanin rich cells, this may cause harm to the skin surface.
- Laser hair removal treatment works with a wavelength of light that can cause damage to the skin when exposed for a period of time above optimal.
Always seek consultation from a professional to get a better scope of how the laser treatment works before use. You can have a look at our indepth guide on how safe is laser hair removal?
You might experience various laser hair removal side effects such as pink skin, red skin, itchiness, and irritation. This is perfectly normal and can be calmed with the application of a moisturizer or cool compresses. If blisters occur and last for more than 24hours, do not hesitate to contact a professional for advice.
You may need to use an exfoliating soap to wash off dead skin cells to get a fresh new skin. The use of sunscreen with at least SPF 30 or higher is also advised in order to protect your vulnerable skin from direct sun rays. Here are some quick aftercare tips;
- You may apply Aloe Vera to soothe the skin.
- Do not apply makeup to treated face for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid using Saunas of steam baths.
- Blisters can be treated by applying substance from Vitamin E capsule directly on the blister.
The technology of best at home laser hair removal devices is efficient, cost effective and gives the best results. It also provides you with convenience and privacy. It is certainly recommendable to first time users as these devices are very easy to use. There are some laser hair removal side effects that occur rarely after treatments. This can range from skin discoloration to blisters. There are very easy solutions to these reactions.