Beauty treatment often merges with modern technology to provide the most convenient methods to a radiant look. Maintaining your outer glow and confidence requires frequent trimming, grooming and shaving. Even though there are lots of options to removing unwanted hair, there are methods that are either time consuming, painful or does not necessarily give the perfect results.
The technology of a laser hair removal is currently the best option to removing unwanted hair with long lasting effects and mildness to the skin. The great thing about laser hair removals is their ability to disrupt and terminate the growth of hair; deep down from its roots, giving you a smooth, silky, hair-free skin. There are tons of home laser hair removal devices in today’s market. The question then is which of the laser devices is the most dependable and efficient.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Which Hair Removal Machine Is Right For You?
- 2 Factors to Keep in Mind before Laser Treatment
- 3 Best At Home Laser Hair Removal Reviews
- 4 1. Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 5001 [Editor’s Choice]
- 5 2. Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X – (Most Popular Choice)
- 6 3. Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System
- 7 4. Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 3001
- 8 5. Philips Lumea New BRI956 Prestige IPL
- 9 6. LumaRx Full Body IPL Hair Removal Device
- 10 How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
- 11 Can You Get Salon Results At Home Instead?
- 12 Is Laser Hair Removal Safe? What Are The Risks Of Laser Hair Removal?
- 13 Is At Home Laser Hair Removal Really Worth It?
- 14 AFTERCARE
- 15 Conclusion
Which Hair Removal Machine Is Right For You?
A lot of people book professional appointments for laser hair removals due to a lot of reasons such as the intricacy of the process but with modern technology you can have your own laser hair removal treatment at the comfort of your home. All you have to do is to figure out which hair removal device suits your skin and hair color the most. The diversity in skin tone makes it necessary to ascertain the viability of the treatment before making your choice.
Best At Home Laser Hair Removal Reviews
|Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 5001|
|Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X|
|Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body|
Dark brown, black
|Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 3001|
dark brown, black
|Philips Lumea New BRI956 Prestige|
or brown hair
|LumaRx Full Body IPL|
or dark blond
1. Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 5001 [Editor’s Choice]
The 5001 takes IPL technology to a whole new level as a clinically tested and best at-home laser hair removal in the market. It features immense upgrades from previous versions, making it our current first choice for hair removal technology.
The silk-expert Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a new technology that has been clinically tested by standard organizations and confirmed for its high quality and efficiency in delivering on permanent hair reduction. It is branded as the safest IPL for its unique skin tone sensors which ensures that the wavelength setting and intensity suits the skin sensitivity of its user. The 5001 allows you to treat large areas such as the arms and legs in the shortest amount of time possible without compromising the quality of delivery. Its ground-breaking technology is time saving and also most economical.
Pros of Product
- Permanent results in short period of time
- SensoAdapt technology which allows adjustability to specific skin tone
- FDA certified and well applicable for home use
- Very fast and efficient
- Only two energy levels with painless treatment
- Does not require batteries, gels, or any other material
- The Venus silk-expert is cost effective
- Most effective on lighter skin tones
Cons of Product
- Has no effect on blonde, grey, white, and red hair due to little amount of melanin on hair color
- Unsuitable for dark skin
- Unsuitable for skin with dark patches or tattoos
2. Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X – (Most Popular Choice)
Getting rid of unwanted hair has never been easier. With the aid of the Tria beauty 4X you are sure of a smooth, hair-free skin in no time. Dermatologists have recommended this product as a most efficient laser option for home use. This device is the first laser treatment to be certified for home use and safety cleared by FDA.
The advancement of this technology out stages all others with over 3 times more energy for complete hair removal.
The Tria Beauty has proven to be the best laser hair removal system when it comes to the hair eliminating energy which emits about 20j/cm2. It effectively targets hair pigments and disrupts melanin formation. It is completely safe and well vetted by skin professionals.
According to dermatologist reviews, there is a high preference to the laser technology of Tria Beauty; this is due to the ease of usage, the efficiency and the precision. It gives users an easy option; instead of booking an appointment for a professional laser treatment which would cost you a fortune, it would be easier to have a laser hair removal treatment right in your place of residence.
Pros of Product
- Delivers a stronger hair elimination energy than most hair removal devices
- Highly precise wavelength
- FDA cleared and safe to use at home
- Available in two different sizes depending on the width of area
- Delivers excellent, long lasting results
- Long battery life
- An interactive LED visual to ensure safe settings
- More affordable than professional office appointments
- A 60 days money back guarantee policy
Cons of Product
- It can be harmful to dark skin
- It is unsuitable for tattooed skin
- Unsuitable for blonde, red, and grey hair colors
3. Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System
This third generation, at home laser hair removal product out-performs the former with significant tweaks to functionalities, making it one of the best laser hair removal in the market.
Remington iLight hair removal is a face and body laser hair treatment. It is FDA certified and can be used within the confines and convenience of your home.
This product is a major improvement over its predecessors with 65,000 flashes from each light bulb which is double the capacity of previous models.
Its facial cap is constructed to efficiently handle any kind of facial hair, especially in females; this could be from the upper lip down to the neck, cheeks and chins inclusive. It provides permanent results and should be used only when needed.
The Remington iLight hair removal system is FDA cleared and has been clinically tested and certified by renowned dermatologists as a most efficient tool for hair removal. Ensure to read product instructions before usage.
Pros of Product
- This version comes with an upgrade of 65,000 flashes per quartz bulb light.
- Long-lasting battery and cord availability for direct power connection.
- Fast treatment with long-lasting effects.
- Comes with gliding functions which allows a wider coverage to save time.
- Its 5 energy levels enables you choose the most suitable level for your skin.
Cons of Product
- It is not suitable for darker skin tones.
- Unsuitable for grey or white colored hair.
- It should not be used on male face.
- Instructions must be carefully adhered to in order to avoid serious hazards like burns.
- It must not be used on areas with dark spots, moles, or tattoos.
4. Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 3001
The Venus Silk-Expert IPL 3001 features intense pulsed light treatment, a bespoke SensoAdapt technology which is signatory of the brand and a razor attached hair removal system. Its unique physical structure makes handling very easy. Even though this is an earlier version of the 5001, the 3001 stands out in performance and provide the best results on hair laser treatment.
Safety and efficiency is a priority as the IPL 3001 has been clinically tested by professional dermatologist and certified as an effective hair removal mechanism. The treatment process is seamless and fast, with the flexibility of options for sensitive areas. Its sensitivity allows a safe use for beginners and it comes with an original Gillette Venus Razor.
Pros of Product
- Features SensoAdapt technology for adjustment to variable skin tones.
- Fast and easy to use.
- Has a gentle mode for beginners and for highly sensitive skin.
- Tested and trusted for permanent hair removal.
- 250,000 flashes per lamp life.
- No batteries, no power failure.
Cons of Product
- Ineffective for blonde, grey and red hair colors.
- Unsafe for dark skin, tattooed skin, and dark moles.
5. Philips Lumea New BRI956 Prestige IPL
The 2018 Philips Lumea definitely falls into our category of best hair removal laser products, with upgraded features which ensures perfection and safety. The Lumea is a wonder laser hair removal system which gives users the confidence to become their own treatment technician. It is easy to use and can be used on body surfaces, for facials, and on bikini lines.
The Lumea comes with a slick structure and an easy-hold grip that allows you to use with ease. It is light, with long lasting Lithium ion batteries which allows you to use product anytime anywhere. It also comes with a PLUG cable for charging. The device has a 110-240V capacity and works best for natural brown and black hair. Other hair colors such as grey, red and blonde are an exception. The IPL hair reduction and removal product is one of a kind with a result range of up to 92% hair growth reduction in only 3 treatments. It stands out as the only IPL with curved tools which conform to bodily curvatures. These special attachments include those for underarms, face, body, and bikini lines.
The smart Philip Lumea features a skin sensor which suggests the most efficient setting for your skin type. This helps to achieve optimal results on usage. Enjoy a long period of hair-free skin with the Phillips Lumea.
Pros of Product
- 92% hair loss in just 3 treatments.
- Comes with attachments which curve to suit the body area.
- Long lasting lithium battery.
- Smart Skin sensors suggest best setting for skin tone type.
- It is highly efficient and preferred by women.
Cons of Product
- Unsuitable for dark skin types
- Ineffective on grey, red and blonde hair
6. LumaRx Full Body IPL Hair Removal Device
LumaRX is FDA cleared for home use and provides the best option for the permanent removal of unwanted hair through IPL hair removal treatment which can be done in your own personal space or the convenience of your home. The suggested treatment duration for this device is once a week for 3 weeks to a month.
IPL wavelengths allow for a wider area reach and this is no difference with LumaRX. It delivers an energy which reaches as deep as the hair roots, destabilizing the regeneration of hair from the roots. The light intensity is regulated with the level options on the device, which allows you choose the level of light intensity that suits your skin tone. This product is features an advanced technology, well tested and suited to a diverse number of skin types. Users of this hair removal technology have experienced up to 94% reduction in hair regeneration.
LumaRX utilizes the long lasting energy of intense Pulsed Light (IPL) which is bespoke technology for efficient hair removal, recommended by professional dermatologists. It mirrors the exact same results as any professional hair laser appointment. It is not only a pro-treatment for various areas such as sideburns, female face, upper lip, underarm, chin, bikini line, chest, stomach, legs and arms, but it is also a very safe option as well.
LumaRX comes with a Skin sensor, which is an automated skin tester. It provides suggestions on optimum light intensity for your skin tone. This means that no matter your skin color, the device reads your skin tone and suggests the most efficient level setting to give you the best results. The IPL hair remover has more affinity for melanin rich hair, this therefore means that it works best on dark hair and less on bright hair such as blonde, grey and red hair.
Safety is of utmost priority to the pioneers of the LumaRX, this is evident in the light filters used to block out harmful levels of wavelength using bespoke technology.
Pros of Product
- 65,000 flashes per cartridge.
- Uses Skin Sensors to suggest safe levels for skin tone.
- FDA cleared and safe for home use.
- Interchangeable treatment attachments.
- Permanent hair reduction in just 3 treatments.
- Uses electricity cords, and doesn’t require charging.
- Uses comfort filter technology.
- Covers large areas in very short time.
Cons of Product
- It is unsuitable for light colored hair such as blonde, grey and red.
- It doesn’t work on dark skin including tattooed skin.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
There are large variations when it comes to the cost of laser hair removal treatments. This is a necessary beauty procedure which a lot of people, especially females, engage in as often as required. Other traditional hair removal techniques such as waxing, shaving, and the others are effective but are temporary and the speed of hair regeneration is unaffected by these methods. This is why laser hair treatment has gained so much popularity for years; people want a permanent solution to unwanted hair.
Laser hair removal treatment is a technology developed to provide a permanent solution to unwanted hair by using light energy to destabilize hair growth, reducing regeneration until hair follicles stop producing hair permanently. This is the aim of laser hair treatments. This non-surgical treatment has gained grounds all over the world and even though the tools and techniques may not be exactly the same, there are standard costs or estimated costs for this form of treatment.
Laser hair removal treatment by professional appointment definitely differs from one geographical location to another. There are various factors to consider, such as; size of area being treated, and location of the Laser clinic. Here is a possible estimation of cost in the United States:-
If you choose to opt for a professional laser treatment, make sure to choose a certified and well equipped clinic.
Can You Get Salon Results At Home Instead?
A lot of people are usually skeptical about undertaking the task of having to do their own laser treatment and wondering if they would get the same result as they usually do when they visit the salon. Well yes… you can definitely get the same results; the grade of devices that you are using does matter as well as your knowledge of product usage. Many people feel discouraged when they experience discomfort or feel like something isn’t going right. All you have to do is study the instructions, seek professional help if you must but ensure to follow the instructions word for word and you will definitely get great results. There are just a few things you need to have in mind when doing home laser treatment especially for the first time:-
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe? What Are The Risks Of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair treatments are highly effective. The lasers travel deep into the skin, to the very roots of hair cells. They destroy the cells and cause a significant reduction in the growth of hair, in some cases growth is permanently terminated. This requires very powerful light energy. Optimum result is achieved within an average of 3-7 sessions of treatment. Laser treatment is safe when patronizing a certified clinic or using devices that are FDA certified for home use. However there are risks as well.
- Exercise caution on sensitive skin – a lot of people feels a sunburn sensation after a laser treatment session on certain areas of the skin. It would be wise to see consult before using laser treatment on certain sensitive areas to get relevant advice on how to go about it.
- Avoid using laser on dark skin or tattooed skin – the effect of the laser is to attach melanin rich cells, this may cause harm to the skin surface.
- Laser hair removal treatment works with a wavelength of light that can cause damage to the skin when exposed for a period of time above optimal.
Always seek consultation from a professional to get a better scope of how the laser treatment works before use.
Laser hair removal treatment might leave you with varying side effects such as pink skin, red skin, itchiness, and irritation. This is perfectly normal and can be calmed with the application of a moisturizer or cool compresses. If blisters occur and last for more than 24hours, do not hesitate to contact a professional for advice.
You may need to use an exfoliating soap to wash off dead skin cells to get a fresh new skin. The use of sunscreen with at least SPF 30 or higher is also advised in order to protect your vulnerable skin from direct sun rays. Here are some quick aftercare tips;
- You may apply Aloe Vera to soothe the skin.
- Do not apply makeup to treated face for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid using Saunas of steam baths.
- Blisters can be treated by applying substance from Vitamin E capsule directly on the blister.
The technology of home laser hair treatment is efficient, cost effective and gives the best results. It also provides you with convenience and privacy. It is certainly recommendable to first time users as these devices are very easy to use. The hair removal devices mentioned above have been reviewed by millions of users worldwide and have been appraised as the best devices in trend. This is why they are our top list performers for the best home laser hair removal devices 2018.
There are little side effects that occur rarely after treatments. This can range from skin discoloration to blisters. There are very easy solutions to these reactions. They can be checked by doing proper research on skin tone types and compatibility, studying the user manual before use and contacting a skin professional in the event of a complication. Ensure that proper hygiene is in place.