If you are yet to be a master of shaving, Choosing the best safety razor should be your first step. But, picking a safety razor that is best of its kind is not enough. Being a beginner, you need to understand what type of blade is suitable to your skin texture as your skin might not be that tough to initially experience a bumpy shaving. A wrongly chosen razor blade might end up delivering accidental cuts and nicks while shaving. This could irritate your skin later causing frequent rashes.
So, if you got your desired safety razor already and checking for a most suitable safety razor blade to master the art of shaving, we have got you backed. In this article, we have compiled a list of top 10 safety razor blades for beginners, who are wandering for an appropriate blade option.
Every blade model is discussed in brief followed by their pros and cons. Additionally, we have discussed the buyer’s guide, which would certainly be a great help for you during blade selection. Lastly, we added top three recommendations from our product list which you may find helpful.
10 Best Safety Razor Blades for Beginners
Feather Double Edge Blades are japanese manufactured set of blades that provide you with a very close shave. The intricate edge of the sharp blades enables you to have a clean and comfortable cut.
This platinum-coated Japanese steel is capable of delivering 8-12 shaves on a single blade. These high quality royal Japanese blades are the best adjustable safety razors perfect to let you have the exact perfect shave that you longed for a long time.
- Each blade is coated Platinum over stainless steel
- Compatible with most of the safety razor blades
- Extremely comfortable to use
- The blades are exceptionally smooth
- Comes in a lot; a pack of 50 counts at every purchase
- As it comes in a pack of 50 counts so can end up quickly
This G.B.S Manufactured double edge razor blade pack consists of 16 individually-wrapped double-edged razor blades sampler from some of the top reputed brands on the market. You can check for yourself which blades suit you the most. The blades fit all safety shaving razors, single edge shavers (Simply snap the blade in half), double-edged razors, slant shaver, and more. It is a very good choice as it provides so many varieties all in a single pack.
- Provides double edge razor blades
- It provides a money-back guarantee
- Absolutely perfect for any shaver
- Customer service of this brand is excellent
- Ideal choice for beginners
- The quality of the blade is extremely good
- The product package comes with Alum Block, a mineral salt which prevents acne, improves skin tone, comforts irritation on the skin, which helps in fighting razor burns preventing bleeding.
- Comes with sharp tilts
Wilkinson Sword Classic double edge razor blades are first-class exceptional razor blades made of ceramic that are smooth and sharp. The PTFE coating creates a robust and shiny surface finish. Ideally, they are the best razor blades for men with sensitive skin, and are imported from Germany containing 100 Double Edge safety share blades.
Wilkinsons classic blades fit any standard double edge safety razor. The PTFE coated blades are made of chromium and ceramic which gives it a fine edge and is much more economical as compared to cartridges. Each packet is sealed and individually wrapped in wax paper maintaining strict quality standards.
- Extremely durable
- Value for money purchase as they come in 100 counts
- Much cheaper than cartridges
- Edges are maintained for a long time
- The PTFE coating is ideal for sensitive skin and for having a smooth shave
- The blade ensures superior quality shaving
- It is pocket friendly and ideal for those having sensitive skin
- Quite a few times the blades are found to be not that sharp
Gillette Silver Blue Razor Blades are one of the most sought after razor blades of all time by men. The blade remains at the zenith of popularity due to its fair price and premium quality. These Russian made stainless steel razor blades offer you just the perfect blend of royalty and comfort. Getting your beards done has never been so easy before. Now have a clean shave within minutes without any major cuts or marks.
It goes smooth on all types of skin and therefore equally perceived by all men. The durability is humongous. The sharpness of the blade is just fine to provide you with the perfect tone every single time you shave. You never have to have a second thought once you use these blades and which is why Gillette Silver blue blades are the best safety razor blades for the money.
- The package comes in a pack of 100 counts hence lasts long enough.
- Compatibility is just fine with most of the razors
- The price is much affordable in view of the quality
- Each blade is 25% sharper than any other normal blade
- It is not the perfect choice in case you have a coarse beard.
If you are looking for a nice, close cum mild shave Derby Extra Double Edge Razor Blades serves as the perfect choice. It is one of the mildest blades available on the market. It contains 100 counts.
The smooth stainless steel blades are polymer-coated. It suits all kinds of safety razors. Each blade is wrapped with wax paper. It makes shaving an enjoyable experience for you.
- Suits all safety razors
- Remarkably smooth
- It is made from stainless steel
- Highly cost-effective
- Comes with a polymer coating
- Exceedingly durable
- It is quite good as it fits a number of safety razors
- Some of the blades are good for one shave only
Personna DE Double Edge Razor Blades blades are one of the most flexible blades available on the market for wet shavers. Besides being one of the cheapest blades, they are perfect for beginners.
Offering a unique combination of sharpness and smoothness, these blades are manufactured using high quality imported chrome steel providing a classic method of shaving.
- These blades are economical and perfect for beginners
- Replacing the blades without a plastic cartridge prevents environmental pollution
- The stainless steel blades have an excellent combination of sharpness and smoothness
- This blade type fits most of the safety razor models
- It is not the perfect choice for a thick beard.
Vikings Blades are made of premium quality platinum-coated Swedish stainless steel. The blades are double wrapped which provides extra safety and also caters to easy and sound disposal of the already used blades. These blades are designed especially for extremely soft and sensitive skins. Therefore they are not a good option in case you have a coarse or rough beard.
Made from the finest Swedish stainless steel, they are just the perfect companion for sensitive skin. This blade type is specifically designed to reduce razor burn and skin cuts. Now you never have to worry about your sensitive skin with Viking blades which are an absolute value for money indeed.
- These blades are economical and perfect for sensitive skins
- It is a pack of 50 blades.
- They are sharp and delicate simultaneously
- The blade has a coating on it that makes the shaving swift and buttery on your skin.
- Perfect choice if you are in love with mild blades
- These blades are very mild hence not suitable for coarse skin and rough and bushy beard.
- As it contains 50 counts, you might run out of blades at times
Astra Superior Premium Platinum Coated Razor Blades are the top-class blades with an excellent amalgamation of smoothness and sharpness. These are double edge blades. They offer a range of sizes to you. The sharpness allows this blade to close exceptionally. It is really smooth and does not cause any discomfort. These are durable and have exceptional built quality and we are happy to add this to our list of the best safety razor blades.
The package comes with an opening sleek sleeve which makes it easy to extract a pack of blades. Each of the packs includes 5 blades and is individually wrapped in wax paper. Made from the highest quality of stainless steel, they serve your purpose rightly as the best razor blades on the market out there.
- Blades are durable and sharp enough
- They do not compromise on quality
- The opening sleeve makes easy extraction of the packs
- They facilitate a smooth shaving experience
- They are double-edged blade fitting all kinds of razors
- It includes a total package of 100 blades in 20 sets, each pack containing 5 blades.
- This blade product is a bit expensive.
Shark Super Chrome Sharp Razor Blades are certainly one of the most popular razor blades available on the market. They are an amalgamation of tenderness and smoothness, therefore, prevent arbitrary razor cuts and skin burns.
Moreover, the blades are compatible with all the popular sharp razors such as Gillette, parker, Merkur, and others available on the market. These premium quality blades are made of stainless steel which is polymer coated for extra sleek shave and longevity.
- They provide a stupendous shaving performance
- They are delicately crafted that is extremely economical and sharp enough to glide effortlessly along the skin causing minimal skin burns and cuts
- The blades are easier to control and render a softer shaving experience
- Extremely cheap in price
- They come in a pack of 100 counts
- The blades are not that sharp and hence can prove to be problematic for thick beards.
Manufactured in Israel, the Crystal Double Edge Razor Blades are synonymously known as “Jewish Blades”. The blades are very cheap and are compatible with most of the safety razors available on the market.
In case you want to compromise with the luxury and want to have a clean shave anyway, then this is the best budget safety razor for you.
- Coating of Platinum and Chromium is done on the blades
- It guarantees high quality at a relatively cheaper rate
- Available in a pack of 10
- A delicate and smooth finish is ensured by these blades
- It is affordable to all
- Since it comes with a pack of 10, therefore, it gets exhausted quickly.
Buyer’s Guide To Purchase The Best Safety Razor Blade for Beginners
Shaving gives a cleaner appearance only if you can master it properly with a safety razor blade that suits your skin. Though the function of every razor blade is the same, they have different features concerning effectiveness, cutting accuracy, and many others. While some blades are best for cutting rough beard hair, some are good in depilation at other body parts.
For this reason, let’s check on the factors that can help you select the blade option suitable for your delicate skin and can deliver smooth-shaving as a beginner.
1. Hair/Skin Type
Skin texture and beard hair type may naturally vary from person to person. You need to understand your type to select the correct safety razor blade. For example, if your skin is oily cum soft textured with initially soft beard hair, avail moderately sharp yet high quality blade. Else, buy a sharp blade if your beard hair is thick and rough to get a cleaner shave at first stroke.
For people with long beard hair, it is recommended to buy a sharp, sturdy cum high quality blade. For people with delicate skin, it is better to avail a smoother blade as the former could be tough on such a skin type and can cause irritation.
Note: Nowadays, varieties of safety razor blades are available on the store as per the skin and hair type of the buyer. Plus, the blades are customizable to suit your facial hair texture and skin. That’s indeed a good news for the shoppers.
2. Sharpness of the Blade
Although every razor blade is sharp, the intensity of the sharpness may differ based on factors like blade quality, cutting performance, etc. The sharper the blade is, the close and precise shave you can expect. However, at the same time, it has the risk of getting accidental cuts on being even a little inattentive while shaving. So, it is basically not a safer choice for the beginners (who are using a safety razor type blade for the first time).
At the same time, if you are a beginner in terms of shaving itself, try selecting the blade that won’t be harsh on your delicate facial skin and hair while shaving.
Note: Avail a sharper blade as it gives easy access to other parts of your body where the hair is difficult to cut at first stroke.
3. Blade Coating
Certain safety razor blades come with a durable coating on it. It protects the blade from moisture and hence from rusting. Other razor blade types which come with a protective coat are susceptible to corrosion, typically while shaving with foam and water. As a result, such types of razor blades do not last longer.
The protective coating also helps in smoother shaving as it easily glides along the contours of your face, delivering a full coverage clean shave. It also reduces risk of irritation after shaving. Other coated blades are made in a way that is suitable for stubble of any length. different types of stubble.
Note: You may try out a couple of coated blades to understand which one is right for you if you are a newbie. It is important to find the right choice to maintain your facial hair and skin in a better condition.
As a matter of fact, experimenting with a variety of blade types is always not that bad as people often guess. It sometimes helps you in mastering your shaving skills and understanding which blade type is better for which user. For beginners, it is better to start experimenting with blades that exert less pressure while shaving and are less aggressive. Whatever type you choose, make sure it gives you a safety shaving feel. Also, it should have least chances of causing nicks, cuts, or irritation.
4. Blades Store and Maintenance After Each Use
In order to make your razor blade last longer, choosing a sturdy one is not enough. The blade needs proper maintenance and storage after each use. Always try keeping the blade dry after washing well. Use a towel or paper tissue to do so and securely store in a dry box, preferably inside a blade case or razor kit.
You need to understand the frequency of keeping the blade inside the razor head before shaving, especially while using shaving foam and water. The longer you soak the razor (with the blade in it) under water, the quicker the blade will rust. Well, all these instructions are only while using an uncoated razor blade.
You can also consider using a coated blade to get rid of this corrosion issue as such a blade type is easier to maintain and store. Plus, they last comparatively longer than the uncoated ones. In case of a coated blade, simply wipe it dry and store it in a moisture-free spot.
Last but not the least, check the price of your chosen blade model. The cost generally varies from one brand to another. But, it is not necessary that if you buy one at a higher cost, the blade will deliver good shaving performance to you. Rather check what type of blade you are getting at which cost.
As discussed above, nowadays, any type of safety razor blade is available on the market at affordable prices. But, what you must consider is whether your chosen blade type delivers the quality that you were expecting from it or not.
As now you may have pretty good knowledge and buying ideas of the best safety razor blades for beginners, we expect you will definitely get the right one from the above review list.
Or, you may check out our top three recommendations from below:
Fit for those who are having a tight budget but want premium quality blades set that come in lots.
If you have just entered your later stage of adolescence or have a naturally delicate facial skin, then this product serves the best. You get rash-free, irritation-free shaving experience with least chances of getting cuts because of the mild sharpness of the blade.
Fit for those looking for an exceptionally smooth shaving experience with a blade that fits any type of safety razor model. The blade is polymer coated and hence is protected from the risk of corrosion. The coating also extends the durability of the blade.