Table Of Contents
- 1 There are 4 types of primers.
- 2 Here is the list of 10 Best Primers for Large Pores
- 3 1. Rimmel Stay Matte Primer: Best Primer for Large Pores
- 4 2. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant pore
- 5 3. Boots No7 Airbrush Away Primer
- 6 4. Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
- 7 5. NYX Pro Makeup Shine
- 8 6. ELF Poreless
- 9 7. Covergirl Matte Ambition
- 10 8. LA Girl Pro Face Primer
- 11 9. Milani Prime Correct Face Primer
- 12 10. Soap and Glory One Heck Primer
- 13 Buying Guide
- 14 Tips and Tricks for buying and using Primers
- 15 Conclusion
Primer acts as a magical element in the makeup routine. It not only helps the makeup to stay longer but even gives a flawless base on which your makeup can glide off smoothly. Primers even add up a protective layer so that no makeup can get absorbed into the skin to create skin issues.
People having acne scars, blemishes, open pores, fine lines, and wrinkles should use a primer to diminish their appearance so that the makeup can work its magic appropriately on the flawless and smooth canvas created by the primers. All of the products in this post are the best primers for large pores that gives you the effect of fresh and healthy-looking skin.
There are 4 types of primers.
- Silicone-based- Silicone primers have gel-like consistency and are light-weighted. These primers are used for the oily-to combination skin type as they help to combat the oil on the face and give a matte, velvety finish to the skin. By controlling all the shine, they extend the longevity of the makeup.
- Cream-based- Cream-based primers have a thicker consistency compared to the silicone ones. These have the moisturizing ingredients that work great for dry skin by giving a natural glow to the skin.
- Lotion based- These types of primers are on the much lighter side as compared to the cream-based primers and work best for normal to combination skin type by providing enough hydration to the skin.
- Water-based- These ones can be used by almost all skin types and blend well with water-based foundations. Water-based primers provide enough hydration to the skin without making it look greasy.
Here is the list of 10 Best Primers for Large Pores
1. Rimmel Stay Matte Primer: Best Primer for Large Pores
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer has an amazing ultra-light formula that is great for minimizing the appearance of pores. It can control shine for up to 8 hours, and thus, it is great for work hours, college, functions, etc.
The primer is easy to blend and the skin feels very smooth after the application as it covers the open pores by giving a matte finish for that long-lasting makeup. The product can be used by all skin types. Undoubtedly, It is one of the best primers of large pores that you can go for right now.
USP - For all skin types.
2. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant pore
The Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore eraser easily blurs the pores on the skin and gives that silky baby-like skin instantly. The primer helps to achieve that smooth base for that flawless makeup.
The product has a gel consistency that effortlessly blends into the skin and creates a smooth light-weighted base without any irritation. It even minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and provides enough hydration.
USP- Works on fine lines and wrinkles too.
3. Boots No7 Airbrush Away Primer
With a sweet and floral fragrance, Boots No7 Airbrush Away Primer is a great product for mature skin. It blurs away the open pores, fine lines and wrinkles on the face by giving it a smooth finish.
The texture is light-weighted and blends quickly. The primer doesn’t clog the pores on the skin, thus, it will not give you any breakouts. There is a slight shimmer as well in the product, which you can see while the sun is on.
USP- Great for mature skin and has light shimmery particles.
4. Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
Another light-weighted primer is the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer. Its creamy texture blends easily into all skin types while minimizing the appearance of pores, fine lines, and blemishes.
Oily skin people can definitely use it as it controls oil for up to 8 hours and leaves a velvety smooth finish on the skin.
Even people with sensitive skin can use it as it is a paraben and fragrance-free primer. One can get that dewy look by using this primer.
USP- Paraben free primer.
5. NYX Pro Makeup Shine
As the name suggests, NYX Pro Makeup Shine works great when it comes to combat all the shine on your face while diminishing the appearance of all the lines and pores on the skin. Simply just apply it before your makeup and you are set to go for the day.
The primer can be specially made to use during summers when your skin tends to get extra oily. People with oily to combination skin type can use it to make their face stay matte for the full day.
USP- Controls shine.
6. ELF Poreless
ELF Poreless has neither a gel-based nor a creamy texture but a mixture of both types of consistencies that spread effortlessly on the skin and gives a smooth, flawless base. The primer works great for oily to combination type skin.
For the people who deal with acne, redness, and blemishes, this primer has been specifically designed for them as it contains tea tree oil, salicylic acid, and Vitamin E.
All the mentioned ingredients calms down the skin and helps to achieve that non-greasy and flawless base.
USP- Works wonders for skin concerns like redness, acne, and blemishes.
7. Covergirl Matte Ambition
Covergirl Matte Ambition primer gives a natural-looking base to the skin that even stays matte. What makes the product different is that it comes with SPF 20 which acts as an added benefit.
One can just skip the sunscreen and get ready by only applying the primer while continuing with the further process of applying makeup at times of hurry.
Also, the product is suitable for all skin types. Oily skin people can rely upon this primer for keeping the oil at bay.
USP- Comes with SPF 20.
8. LA Girl Pro Face Primer
A small but effective one is the LA Girl Pro Face Primer. The thick gel consistency of the primer makes it glide on the skin effortlessly and works for all skin types. Due to the presence of silica in the product, one can achieve that velvety smooth skin.
Even the product helps to control shine on the face for up to 7 hours and gives a matte finish.
The primer works quite well for the pores also but does not hide them completely. Sensitive skin people can also give this primer a try as it is paraben and fragrance-free. Makeup doesn’t crease or becomes flaky after using LA Girl Pro Face Primer.
9. Milani Prime Correct Face Primer
Milani Prime Correct Face Primer is the perfect one to color correct the blemishes and dark spots and to minimize the appearance of large pores with its 2 variants, orange, and green that work for different skin concerns.
The gel consistency of the primer works smoothly on the skin without giving any heavy or greasy feeling.
Even the tip of the tube is quite narrow that allows you to get the required amount of product out. The primer is not very pigmented which means that more of it will be required to hide the dark spots.
USP- Color correcting variants.
10. Soap and Glory One Heck Primer
Another one with gel-like-cream consistency is the Soap and Glory One Heck Primer. It very quickly gets absorbed into the skin without leaving any residue behind.
The primer gives a matte finish to the skin while increasing the longevity of the makeup. Also, it doesn’t dry up the skin rather hydrates it due to the presence of Vitamin E in it.
People with oily to combination skin type can use it to control all the shine on their face while reducing the appearance of large pores.
USP- Controls shine all day long.
- The primer should suit your skin to be most effective. You can check for many products in the market as per your skin type ranging from oily to combination, normal to dry, etc.
- Dry skin people should go for the primers that can provide enough moisturization to their skin so that the makeup doesn’t get flaky and vice versa for oily and combination skin type people.
- Your foundation should work well with your primer in order to get that flawless looking skin. If you are using a water-based primer then make sure to use a liquid foundation to achieve good results while silicone primers should be used with cream and powder foundations.
- You should not go for large-sized products as primers are used in very less quantity and buying an over-sized product would not save that extra bucks but will waste them as the product will expire before you would use it completely. Small tubes are even travel-friendly.
- There come different primers for different uses ranging from face primers, lips, eyes, etc.
- If you have sensitive skin then go for the primers that use some natural extracts like water, coconut water, Vitamin E, etc. that would help to calm the skin down.
- If you don’t want to use too many products then you can go for buying a tinted primer or the one that comes with some SPF.
- The color correcting primers can be used to target redness, blemishes on the surface of the skin. Go for different variety of color correctors to get an even-looking skin.
- As per your skin concern, choose the one that would work best for you. Some primers even have tightening properties that would do great for the mature skin while some contain illuminating elements to get that glowing skin.
- Never forget to do a patch test before actually trying the product. Choose that primer that suits your skin the most. Look for the variants as per your skin type.
Tips and Tricks for buying and using Primers
- Clear out any build-up of dead skin, facial hair, etc. to get a smooth surface and even application of the primer.
- Do not forget to moisturize your skin and use an SPF before putting on the primer and wait for at least 5 minutes to let the product get soaked into the skin completely.
- If you apply the primer directly, it will go into your pores and will clog them leaving you with many skin issues.
- Oily skin people should use their face wash before applying their makeup in order to keep that extra sebum away from the skin so that all the shine on the face is controlled throughout the day. Also, use a non-comedogenic primer to avoid any breakouts.
- Primer not only helps to achieve that smooth and even looking skin but also works for your makeup to stay on for an even longer duration of time. Just make sure to use the right pair of foundation and primer.
- Do not rub your primer rather gently pat with your fingers to not to let the primer to settle down into your pores. Also, heat from the fingers will help to melt down the primer for a great application.
- Do not over apply the primer. A small amount is enough to fill in the pores and fine lines.
Primers can actually resolve most of your makeup problems. It helps to seal down all the pores and leaves you with a smooth canvas to work on. After using a primer, no one can go for not using it underneath the makeup due to all the magic that it does. The challenge is to choose one of the best primers for large pores for your skin type.