There are many different ways to get rid of the hairs on your legs. If you are like most girls, you already don’t like the painful ways like waxing or razor, and that’s why we believe getting the best epilator for your legs is a great investment. Using an electric epilator is a great alternative and a very cost effective solution for most ladies because it’s a painless process and you can use the same epilator at many different regions on your body.
The way an epilator works is using tweezers which remove the hairs from the roots. A pro tip is that you should always exfoliate your skin before you use an epilator on your skin. There are mainly two different types of epilator, wet epilator and dry epilator. The wet epilator works great if you like using the device when you bathe.
Best Epilator For Legs 2022
1. Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator and Shaver
Panasonic ES-ED90-P is an all-purpose emulator that lets you remove unwanted body hair. Plus, you can use it to do manicure at home. You can include this wonderful shaver cum epilator in your regular beauty routine. Panasonic ES-ED90-P allows you to conveniently shave your body hair dry or in the bath. This is a much better and safer alternative to waxing.
It contains 48 precision rotating tweezers for perfect grip and flawless leg hair removal from the root, with negligible discomfort. For more accuracy, the device has an LED light fitted to it. This is to make sure that no hair is left out.
The hypo-allergic blades of this epilator makes it an exception. The attached foil is meant to ensure flawless hair removal. It includes six snap-on hair shaving attachments, plus, a pedicure buffer. The pop-up trimmer gets a good hold of the long and coarse hairs. The additional accessories of this epilator provides close trims.
The dual wide disc Epilation Head closely shaves leg hairs while maintaining the leg contours, to avoid cuts. That’s the reason, this device is perfect for legs. The gentle epilator head prevents unwanted hair from sensitive and intimate areas, like the bikini line. The attachment of the pedicure buffer does gentle dry removal of hair from rough skin.
Note: Supports the inner blade combo with outer foil. You can pamper your feet as well as beautify the legs sitting at your home.
- One shave of the Panasonic ES-ED90-P epilator keeps you worry free for at least two weeks. This product is remarkable compared to a razor in terms of shaving the stubbles. The LED light of this epilator makes sure that no hair is left out in any area.
- The product works best in the shower. Besides, it takes only 10 minutes to get cleaner and smoother hairless legs. It won’t give you even the minimal bruises and cuts or discomfort.
- Apart from that, you get the benefit of the pedicure buffer. It is a good fit for calloused skin that built over the years. Many users have claimed this product to be useful for getting silky, healthy skin.
- Initially, you may get skin irritation with red bumps on your legs. Also, the epilator can only be used for removing hard and coarse hairs. Lighter and thinner hairs can’t be clearly shaved with this product.
2. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 Women’s Epilator
Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 Epilator has a wider attachment varieties that provides you exceptional hair removal experience. The product is developed with MicroGrip technology that facilitates advanced epilation.
The good thing about this device is you get seven additional attachments to tailor your specific skin texture. Attachments contain the trimmer cap, shaver head, skin contact and high frequency massage cap, and extra facial brush. Apart from that, a charging stand is provided with this epilator to keep it always charged.
This depilation product offers superior facial exfoliation and refines your skin with micro-oscillations. Its makeup removal facility adds more user attention to purchasing this product.
This epilator has an exceptional pulsating vibrations to promote gentle and smoother sensation. The pivoting head of the product smoothly adapts to your leg contours for cut-free hair removal from legs with maximal comfort. The Braun Silk-epil 9 9-579 is a good alternative for your skin aesthetics.
The epilation head is 40% broader than any ordinary epilation system. Its one-stroke hair shaving capacity is built with the MicroGrip tweezer technology. Also, it provides deeper and precise hair removal compared to waxing. A single shaving with this device keeps your skin hair-free for about 4 weeks. Note: It is 100% water-resistant, plus, it facilitates a comfortable epilation with minimal pain.
- It is a well-balanced epilator, which is easy to hold and shave the hair around your leg contours. The product has a powerful motor for fast paced shaving. Additionally, it has an indicator that signals beforehand when the battery needs to be charged.
- It has good grip on fine hairs in sensitive body parts like the bikini line, knee pits etc., with least discomfort. It promotes smoother shaving of stubble and keeps you free for weeks. On every use, the rate of hair growth will reduce and will later grow into finer hairs.
- This epilator is good for both wet and dry epilation. It is versatile, convenient and easy to handle.
- The product has poor durability. The epilator battery drains rapidly within some months. The epilator must be handled carefully. If any of its parts is out of order, then the entire set with its attachments has to be returned to the manufacturer.
3. Philips Satinelle Essential HP6401
The Philips Satinelle Essential HP6401 epilator is a compact and travel-easy product that leaves you with silky skin after one use. This product is personalized with rotating tweezers that efficiently root up the coarse stubbles upto 0.05 mm from legs. The skin lasts smooth for several weeks.
It takes just 10 minutes to epilate your sensitive areas including knee pits, underarms, etc. It takes even less time to clean your bikini area. So, using this product saves much of your time and hair in beauty treatments. Plus, the product is more reliable compared to waxing.
Its corded design facilitates flawless dry-skin shaving. The device has two speed limits. You can use the efficiency cap attachment at slower speed to do one-stroke shaving of leg hairs.
Its removable, easy to shave epilator head with rounded and rigid handle easily fits in your palm.
- The longer cord of the epilator helps you to move it freely by fitting the required attachment to reach every contour of your leg. The cord length facilitates non-stop shaving without the worry of stopping it for battery charging.
- Cleaning is cinch. You only have to dip it under water for a few seconds, and it’s ready for the next stroke.
- Epilating your leg hair will provide minimal discomfort with zero skin irritation after shaving. There won’t be any stubble or red bumps on skin for at least three days.
- Some users found it leaves very few finer hairs after the epilation. However, the hairs around the bikini line cleared away smoothly without any cuts.
- It is a bit noisy and a time consuming product, especially for beginners.
4. Braun Silk-épil 3-3270 Women’s Epilator
The Braun Silk-epil 3-3270 epilator is a dermatologically suggested product. The massage rollers fitted to it makes it an exception.
The 20 rotating tweezer system helps to uproot hair from calloused areas and provide smoother skin. Just a light touch of it to the skin and you get a silky leg with zero hair or irritation.
The massage rollers of Braun Silk-epil 3-3270 gently stimulates your skin and massages it with greater comfort. On regular usage, the uneasiness of epilation eventually reduces to non-existence.
The smart light gives a detailed view to the finer hair that are often missed out. Apart from the smart light, this product is provided with three more attachments. They are the trimmer and massage cap, and shaver head for customized shaping and contouring experience.
It is lightweight and easy to use, plus, it provides convenient handling. There are two speed limits. So, you can decide which setting is suitable for your skin texture and daily routine.
- This pro-epilator allows deep root hair epilation without simply shaving it. Users found this product quite effective in getting smooth legs for several days. It is way better than a regular razor, which rather stimulates your hair growth within 3 to 4 days after shaving.
- The model is better than waxing, of course, if you want a clearer skin. Plus, it facilitates both time and money-saving hair removal at the comfort of your home.
- Regular usage of this epilator causes reduced hair growth. So, you would require to take only fewer sessions regularly. Also, the pain caused by epilation will reduce gradually with each session.
- The blades of this epilator become blunt within a few months. So, you may need to change them frequently. Also, it can cause injuries, particularly in the hyper-sensitive areas, like the bikini line, knee pit, etc.
5. Emjoi AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezer Head Epilator
The Emagine AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezer Head Epilator is another exception due to its some trending features. It has an easy curved shape and lets you shave your body contours quite smoothly. The product has a smooth handle that makes it easy to hold and manoeuvre on your legs.
The 27 rotating tweezer heads facilitate instant hair removal with absolute comfort. The product offers reduced number of strokes and promotes smoother skin with zero skin irritation. This is the first ever epilator worldwide to provide Silver Ion technology. This advanced functioning of supports antimicrobial properties to fight against bacterial infections.
A very interesting characteristic of this device is its dual opposed staggered heads which is new in the epilators. It gives you wider surface coverage for more hair removal at a time.
It conducts deeper root hair removal from flat to short, thereby reducing chances of missing out any hair. The process includes stretching of the skin with two movable discs (for open and close) and a fixed disc, reducing the pain during epilation.
- The Emagine is too precise to remove any finer to finest body hair with ease. Plus, it is similarly effective for removing coarse leg hairs and bikini areas. After epilation, you get a silky, soft hair-free skin for 6 weeks minimum.
- The curve shaped handle is easy to hold and shave around your leg contours with not a single hair left out.
- The remarkable thing about this epilator is its antimicrobial protection via Silver Ion technology. It ensures you with a guarantee of infection-less epilation.
- The plastic gears of Emagine have greater chances of wear. Besides, its attachments are also flimsy. It is a loud device, however, the noise slows down with time. The lifetime of this epilator is not more than a year or less.
6. Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280
Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 epilator has two speed limits. So, you can set any of them as per your shaving area and skin texture. It can change its speed with the change in the hair texture. This product is perfect, especially for removing stubbles and cleaning sensitive body areas.
It has 40 close-grip tweezer heads to promote finest hair removal from your intimate areas. Plus, it can work effectively to remove coarse leg hair. Its smart light feature highlights the finest hairs of your body. So, you will be extra careful while epilating your legs or other areas.
The close-grip shaving ensures smoother skin compared to waxing. Added to that, the time interval between every two sessions is longer than it is in waxing. Legs remain hair-free for at least up to 4 weeks.
It offers high frequency massage for skin stimulation. Legs epilation causes minimal or no pain. It also has a pivoting head that adapts to every edge of the body while shaving, to avoid cuts.
The product has a corded power source. So, it can be used non-stop without needing to stop it for further charging. This allows for non-stop use.
Note: This epilator supports only dry shaving.
- This epilator is dermatologically recommended and is water-proof. You can simply wash it under running water for faster cleaning.
- It provides a time period of 4 weeks after each epilation session of your legs. Users prefer this product because you can epilator even the shorter to shortest hair with the same ease. Besides, you won’t have to wait for your leg hair to grow longer, which is the case in waxing.
- The gentle performance and closer skin contact of this epilator makes the process more enjoyable and comfortable.
- This epilator is only for dry use. You should not bring it in contact with water as it can lead to electrocution. You may see painful hair bumps or skin irritation on legs after use.
7. Philips Satinelle Advanced Epilator (BRE635)
The Philips Satinelle Advanced Epilator, BRE635 epilator is an efficiently wonderful product for shaving sensitive areas. Its ergonomic design provides comfort during the epilation.
Its 23 micro-ridge tweezing discs system is designed with ceramic material. Ceramic material is used for facilitating better grip over finer, coarse body hair. Its extra wider epilation head offers swift hair removal without putting pressure at the sensitive areas of skin.
There are five attachments available, including the precision caps, facial and delicate area caps, trimming comb, and shaver head. All these parts eases the hair removal process from specific areas. Especially it focuses on removing the facial and leg hairs.
The LED smart light illuminates the area to be epilated, ensuring a detailed shaving experience. There is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery fitted inside Philips BRE635. So, you can easily use it in shower or for dry shaving.
- This battery operated epilator has a shaving frequency of twice a month. It lasts for about 40 minutes after each charge.
- The epilator has a storage pouch that makes the product travel-easy. The LED light makes sure that no hair is left out on the skin.
- The Philips BRE635 works perfectly around the bikini area and knee pits. Besides, it is capable of removing peach fuzz from your face (if any). Users found it easier to put on their makeup after using this product.
- It causes negligible or no pinching even in your intimate areas, not to mention zero marks or nicks on knee after epilation.
- The epilator head is concave. This inward curvature makes it difficult to be used on other body parts except legs. The epilator grip is sometimes poor, resulting in hair breakage during epilation instead of deep uprooting.
Things to Consider While Choosing an Epilator for Legs & Underarms
- Dry and Wet Use
While choosing an epilator for your sensitive body areas, it is important to decide which type of shaving (wet or dary) comforts your skin. In cas, you prefer both, then a battery operated epilator is the right one for you.
For dry shaving, it is better to choose the one with corded power source. This allows you to use the device for nonstop without the worry of charging it frequently.
- Tweezer Heads
The efficiency of your epilator depends upon the number of tweezer discs fitted to the system head. That means, more the number of tweezer heads enables smoother shaving of legs and skin.
Hair should be uprooted without any breakage in the middle including the finer to coarse hairs types.
Experts generally suggest that the features associated with tweezer heads enhance the working of the epilator. For example, the surface area of the epilator head- wider head area of the epilator will reduce the number of strokes required for shaving.
Most epilators are provided with different attachments for individualized hair removal. For precision stroke, you can use the precision cap. Experts generally suggest an epilator with smart light is best for use. The light highlights the area to be shaved, ensuring no hair is left out.
- Comfort and Manoeuvring
Consider the epilator head and its handle for ensuring comfort and manoeuvring experience. Decide which is suitable for your convenience. Also, check the weight of the epilator handle along with its head balance
Perhaps this is the final and most crucial factor to consider after the epilation. You will definitely prefer a stubble free shaving with zero irritation. Plus, you would want an epilation that lasts for a longer time. Experts suggest that you select an epilator that prevents you from shaving for several weeks.
Is an Epilator Better Than Waxing for Legs & Underarms Hair Removal?
When you compare between epilation and waxing, you actually decide between the frequency and product cost.
In case of hair length, you need to wait for the hair to grow for perfect waxing. However, this is not the case with epilation. The latter gives you deeper and cleaner hair removal irrespective of the hair length. Epilators can grip even the finest hair as short as 0.5 mm.
When you are using waxing then you have to suffer from skin irritation and the pain just follows during the process. When it comes to using an epilator, there is less to almost no pain and you also don’t suffer skin irritation.
The Philips Satinelle Essential HP6401, and Compact Hair Removal epilators are mostly recommended for leg hair removal. Other than that, the list of best epilator for legs mentioned above is ideal for getting extended period of hairless experience with minimal discomfort.
Plus, most of the products listed above are suitable for both wet and dry shaving epilation. The above two epilators are available with pedicure attachment to experience added beauty treatment sitting at home.
So, pamper yourself without compromising with the quality of your regular beauty routine.