The age-old custom of using traditional razor is gradually fading in the market with the advent of electric trimmers. Why? Well, if you are a novice, then you will get enough reason here to find that out. Else, for a regular user, choosing the best trimmer of its kind out of the numerous budding brands, is still quite a challenging task.
So, we have compiled a list of 11 best beard trimmers for long beards here. Additionally, we have discussed the considerable factors below, to make the selection process easier. Lastly, we have included top 3 picks from the list, to help you with a quick overview of the features you may want in your trimmer.
Best Beard Trimmer for Long Beards 2022
Wahl Clipper 9818 is equipped with self-sharpening, durable blades that perform precise trimming. The product delivers superior cutting of beard of any length. It is suitable for hair trimming as well. The package includes 4 all-purpose attachments- Detail shaver, Detail trimmer, T-blade, and Rotary Personal trimmer- for complete grooming of facial hair to body hair.
The dual voltage feature of this cordless trimmer, of running at both 220 Volt and 110 Volt, supports the long-lasting rechargeable Li-ion battery. This product would be a perfect present for a man. Note: Wahl 9818 is not water-resistant and so recommended for dry use only.
- Ergonomic design with a sleek functional cordless body
- The LED indicator notifies the battery charge status of the trimmer
- 8 types of comb attachments are included in the package for trimming hair of any length
- Hassle-free handling of the device and flexibly cuts through with precision
- Noiseless trimmer motor lets you use it for longer at a time without hurting your audibility
- Switch on/off feature might be tricky to understand, typically for the beginners
- Wet trimming is not applicable with this product; water may disrupt the entire unit
Wahl Professional Magic Clip 8148 can be used both as corded and cordless. The heavy duty trimmer can be easily adjusted as a corded/commercial pro-grade clipper that can cut thick beards of any length. The zero-overlapping blades of this trimmer maintain high precision and a taper lever facilitates easy blending or fading. The durable Li-ion battery, held inside this device, can deliver non-stop power for over 1 and a half hours at each charge.
The package includes 8 attachment guides, a styling comb, blade oil, a charging transformer, a brush, red blade guard, and an user manual. This electric trimming device weighs about 10 ounces and is 6.25 inches long, and its utility frequency is 60 Hertz. The voltage requirement is 120 Volt.
- Wahl 8148 is fit for both experts as well as beginners at trimming or shaving
- The durable plastic build of the trimmer can withstand accidental falls or rough handling
- Can be used both as a corded and cordless trimmer
- The adjustable trimmer enables the user to achieve bread grooming of any desired style
- The trimmer motor does not get hot even after prolonged use without a pause
- The trimmer lever can be initially tight before the first use
- The trimming stroke may not that effective and clean at a go
- The power supply to the trimmer is lesser when used in corded mode than in cordless mode
Panasonic Milano ER-GB40-S is yet another long lasting beard trimmer, equipped with stainless steel, 45° precision blades. The best part is the hypoallergenic feature of the trimmer blades that makes it fit for any skin type. The trimmer makes swift and clean cuts, delivering efficient trimming of mustache and beard. The quick adjustable trimmer dial renders about 19 precision settings for custom trimming, detailing, cutting and more.
The rubberized ergonomic handle of the trimmer enables a firm grip, ensuring total control cum comfort. This water-resistant trimmer can be washed under lukewarm running water after every use. The rechargeable NiMH battery can supply power to this cordless trimmer for nearly one hour (50 minutes precisely). You get a brush and an AC charger stand as the trimmer accessories and they easily fit into your travel bag.
- All in one trimmer with about 19 precision cutting modes
- Can be used for wet shaving and is washable under running water
- Can be used both as a corded and cordless device for multi-shaving schedule
- The AC charging stand makes the charging g hassle-free unlike most other models
- Easy maintenance
- Trimmer is too small to be gripped by people with wider palm
- Battery’s charge holding capacity may gradually deteriorate after a couple of use
Philips Norelco 5100 Grooming Kit is an all in one grooming trimmer that comes with 7 accessories, namely: hair clipping comb, stubble comb, full-size metal guard trimmer, beard comb, nose trimmer, mini foil shaver, and detail trimmer. The self-sharpening trimmer blades are made of Chromium steel which ensure durability. The rounded tips of the blades and combs avert irritation of skin after shaving.
The trimmer provides 18 inbuilt length settings to facilitate beard trimming or hair cutting of any style as desired. The turbo power helps in gentle and uniform trimming of light to thick facial hair. When used in cordless mode, the Li-ion battery delivers power for about an hour, after one hour of non-stop charging. You can also do 5 minutes of quick charge through its turbo power charger.
- With 18 inbuilt trimming settings, Phillips 5100 ensures a wider range of adjustability while shaving unlike any other trimmer
- Provides one hour of uninterrupted power supply during the use
- The turbo power mode makes the motor powerful in delivering high-performance trim
- Blades are quite safe from causing accidental cuts, nicks or skin irritation after shaving
- The impact-resistant container of the product is a great storage option
- The battery starts to linger after six months of constant usage
Panasonic ER-SB40-K is another trimmer with an adjustable dial of about 19 precision length settings for custom sculpting, trimming, detailing, and more. Being equipped with a linear drive motor, this trimmer can deliver about 9,800 cuts every minute. Plus, it maintains the zenith of its power throughout, till the battery charge gets completely consumed to zero.
The ergonomic handle of the trimmer made of rubberized grip renders great convenience and control during use. The trimmer is water resistant and so can be washed with water after each use.
You can either use the trimmer in corded or in cordless mode. If used cordless, its battery delivers one hour of non-stop power to the trimmer. Else, you can plug in the trimmer for prolonged use without a pause. The product package comes with blade oil, a comb attachment, an AC charger/adapter, a cleaning brush.
The trimmer features universal voltage for worldwide travel (i.e., AC 100 to 240 Volt). The device blades are wide-tipled, hypoallergenic and made of ultra-sharp sturdy stainless-steel. So, you can expect smooth and neat cuts even through the unruliest thick facial hair.
- ER-SB40-K is made of ABS plastic which makes the trimmer truly impact-resistant to withstand accident falls and others
- Round, wide trimmer blades give better coverage over facial hair to cut more hair at each stroke
- Best choice for people with long, thick facial hairs
- Lightweight trimmer weighing only about 136 grams, hence enabling fast trimming
- Takes longer to get fully charged- 8 hours precisely- to be used in cordless mode
Wahl Clipper 9864SS features 4 different trimmer head attachments and a wide T-blade for beard trimming, detailing, haircuts, body grooming, touch-ups and many more. The detailer head offers precise detailing and styling complex beard shapes. The nose trimmer head lets you experience hygienic grooming by keeping the ears and nostrils trimming separate. The double foil trimmer head is perfect for getting ultra-close trims.
The Li-ion 2.0+ technology offers 6 hours of uninterrupted power on one to last for months of use between quick charges. The best part is this clipper does not lose charge when kept unused for days. This stainless steel trimmer allows cutting at a variety of lengths with the included 12 comb guides in the package. The dual voltage capacity of 110 Volt and 220 Volt makes it fit for taking in worldwide trips as well.
- Comes with 12 comb guides, allowing a wide range of haircuts, plus beard trimming of any length is easier
- Pro-grade choice to get a flawless beard trimming
- This trimmer is not resistant to water; avoid using it in a wet beard or hair, or while taking shower.
Philips Norelco MG5750/49 is a multi-purpose trimmer; it can be used on the head, face, and other hairy parts of the body. The trimmer comes with 18 pieces of accessories to serve your overall grooming requirements. The dual cut technology ensures maximum precision in trimming with the 2 times more self-sharpening blades that remain intact even after years of usage.
The Li-ion battery of this cordless trimmer delivers about 3 hours of non-stop run time. You can also use it while plugged in to continue maximum trimming sessions at a time. The trimmer motor delivers maximum power and hence torque. The drivetrain of the clipper is supplemented with tempered steel.
The trimmer guards are protected with ultra-strong fiberglass substance to prevent buckling or bending, thereby promising even trimming everytime. Due to its amazing features and with the added advantage of a bargain price, we recommend it to be the best beard trimmer for money.
- Meant for rough use as the product is built with reinforced steel architecture and an ergonomic rubber grip for better control and comfort
- Budget-friendly compared to its features and facilities
- Cordless usage run time is reasonably longer compared to other similar trimmer models
- Does not include an adjustable dial to set the trimming length
- Not moisture-resistant, however, other attachments are washable
Remington Pg6025 all-purpose trimmer comes with 14 precision length settings that give a full coverage of your grooming requirements. The package includes 3 stubble and snap on beard combs and 8 hair clipper combs which can become longer than 18mm or 30mm. The self sharpening, durable, surgical trimmer blades are made of steel which deliver precise shaving.
The product has a run time of more than 1 hour (70 minutes precisely) when not plugged in. The trimmer accessories are washable under tap. The impact-resistant storage pouch lets you carry the device wherever you go. Plus, this trimmer is a perfect personal accessory to carry while travelling; with 60 Hz power frequency.
- Easy to hold, control, and use
- Value for money and giftable
- Battery life is not satisfactory.
Brio Beardscape Beard Trimmer is perfect to get a stubble look to a clean shaved look through the integrated blade length adjustment from (1.0 to 1.9) mm. The trimmer comes with 8 precision trimming length guards and is also equipped with a speed dial of 5 settings, controls with a detailed display all packed in a compact shape. Being made of ceramic stuff, the trimmer blade is 4 times sturdier than the stainless steel. Plus, the blade is less aggressive and sound compared to the metal bodied trimmer. It also generates less heat, therefore it is less likely to cause skin irritation.
The titanium trimmer rake perfectly aligns with the precision ground to match the ceramic blade. Whether you use it in corded mode or cordless, with the Beardscape trimmer, you will never run short of completing the trim once started. This trimmer is the most suited product for manscaping purposes and is considered the best beard trimmer for stubble looks. You get an impact-free travel case to store the trimmer, charging cable, plus 1 or 2 trimmer head guards.
- Quietest trimmer model on the market
- Easy to use and clean
- Value for money
- Poor quality construction of the trimmer
Braun BT3040 Trimmer delivers precision shaving no matter what style of beard you want to achieve. The package includes two combs ranging from (0.5 to 20) mm, which render adjustability and total control of the device. The package includes a Gillette Flexball Razor.
The sharp, durable trimmer blades are made of stainless steel. Plus, the trimmer is auto adaptable to voltage ranging between 100 Volt and 240 Volt. With a non-stop charging of 8 hours, you get one hour of constant precision trimming experience without a pause. The product is washable under a running faucet.
- Comes with a Gillette flexball razor, absolutely free of cost
- Easy to clean and ergonomic in design
- Charging time of the trimmer is longer than the time of usage.
Remington HC5855 Trimmer comes with a kit of 15 pieces of accessories for style, cut, and protection. The package also includes length adjustable combs, styling comb, blade oil, and a styling comb. You get a convenient pouch for storage to keep all the accessories together. The ultra magnetic trimmer motor drives high power to trimming with two times swift cutting performance.
The trimmer blades easily cut through the facial hair of any thickness and length. Added to that, the blades are easy to clean under a running tap, making cleanup faster. The device cord is 8 feet long and durable. The impact-resistant polycarbonate storage kit protects the trimmer and its accessories. The rubberized handle provides a comfortable grip over the device.
- Indestructible, polycarbonate casing keeps the product and its accessories protected
- Ultra magnetic motor delivers uncompared cutting speed
- Bulky trimmer model to carry while traveling on a business trip or for outdoor use.
Buyer’s Guide: Things to Consider While Buying a Beard Trimmer
Beard clipper or trimmer is the must have grooming product when you need to maintain or style your beard on a regular basis. Whether it be a fine sculpted number or a bushy hipster flex, with a best quality professional clipper you can craft your whiskers as you desire.
However, recognizing the best clipper on the market and buying the same needs several attributes to follow. Such as:
Whenever you tend to buy a trimmer or clipper, you have to invest a good amount of money for that. As it is a long term investment, naturally it is better to choose the best built machine. On the basis of material, there are two basic types of trimmers. One is made of stainless steel and the other is of hard plastic made.
Most of the people prefer stainless steel trimmers rather than hard plastic ones. Whereas, steel mades are costly enough and not affordable for everyone. Additionally, stainless steel construction increases the weight of the trimmer and there are hardly any variations in design. On the other side, ABS plastic material makes the machinery sturdy and lighter compared to metal bodied trimmer. The manufacturers can imply several different designs and features with ABS plastic.
According to power sources there are three kinds of trimmers. Such as:
On a primary basis when trimmers were invented, those were manual and still existing on the market. Manual trimmer should be handled very carefully, especially one must be aware about the sharpness of the blades.
Electric powered trimmers are very much in demand and trending. These are very handy and easy to work with. After charging one time, a trimmer can be used for at least 8 hours. They come with different blade options. You just need to select as per your requirement and switch on to groom yourself.
Many people prefer to use battery powered trimmers because of their portability. These kinds of trimmers do not have any cords. You just need to change the batteries, if needed.
Length of the trimmer’s handle plays an important role while working with it. Trimmers come with different handle lengths. It is suggested to choose a trimmer with a long handle, so that it can be easier to grab and trim with ease. Get a trimmer with a rubber gripped handle.
It is very important to check for a flexible headed trimmer before buying, so that it can also be used on your back too, if needed. As the back portion of the human body is a bit curvy, you may get hurt if your trimmer has a stiff tip.
Looking for a good motor while buying a trimmer is the must checked factor, as the functionality of the blades of a trimmer depends on the motor’s power. Additionally, check if the engine is getting hot immediately after starting the trimmer, if so, avoid buying that model. Also, check the noise level generated by the trimmer motor if you do not want to let everyone know that you are shaving. Buy a trimmer with sound level from between 45 and 65 dB (max.).
Pay attention to the blade variations while buying trimmers. Curved blades are preferred than normal blades as they cover more ground and cut more hair quickly. Though stainless steel blades are the best pick if you do not want a rusted trimmer, go for carbon steel blades. They are better because of the sharpness but it is not recommended for the people with sensitive skin. Make sure that your trimmer blades are guarded. This will protect your skin from nicks and cuts.
Lastly, costing plays a big role while buying trimmers. It is obvious that when you choose a multiple featured trimmer, it will cost more than usual basic ones. But nowadays, the reputed trimmer manufacturers are curating premium quality products affordable for all. So, you can get your favourite machine at a budget-friendly rate.
There are many other factors you might want to have in your trimmer. However, the aforementioned ones are truly the Best Beard Trimmers for Long Beards. Though all the listed products are unique and trending on the market, here are our top three picks:
If you are looking for a budget-friendly cordless trimmer with considerably longer run time and fit for rough use, then this is it.
If you want the quietest model ever on the recent market with a great value for money, then this product is for you.
The trimmer motor doesn’t get hot so frequently and can be used both in corded and cordless mode. In all, it’s a versatile durable choice for both experts and beginners.