To carry out this process, there are several conceptual steps that can be followed with different media. Starting from using help applications, special sites, to using software on laptops offline. To find out all the methods, see the following details:
Reducing Photo Size with App Help
The process or how to shrink the first photo file can be applied with the help application. This first method will be very suitable for users who will be doing the same process for some time. Thus, users can immediately take advantage of the application.
If you want to take advantage of this first method, the user must prepare an internet network for the application download process until the use process. Curious how it can be applied? Here’s the full explanation:
- The first step that can be applied is to download a help application. Actually there are many applications that can be used and the method is almost the same. But in this discussion, the application that will be used is Lit Photo. Just download the application at the application download site and the system will install it directly.
- After the application is installed, then open the Lit Photo application and see the main page.
- If you see the “Compress Photos” button, just press the button and enter the photo you want to reduce in size.
- If the photo has been entered, then press the “Menu Size” button to start the setting.
- Move the file size up to the desired level.
- When finished, press the “Start Compressing” button to make the photo smaller.
- Then for the download process, just press the button with the share symbol on the right side.
- Then select the “Upload to Google Photos” option. Later, the smaller photos will go directly to personal Google Photos.
Reducing Photo Size on Custom Site
In addition to using the Lit Photo application, how to shrink photo files can also be applied using a special site. Just like using applications, there are actually many sites that can be used. However, for this process, we will use the Pic Resize site.
This media is suitable for users who will only do the settings once. Because it uses Pic Resize, an internet network is needed for the whole process. As for how, see the detailed description below:
- To start the process, users can go directly to the Pic Resize site with the address https://picresize.com/.
- After entering the main page, there will be a button to enter a photo. Just choose the appropriate photo and the file size you want to reduce.
- If the photo has been entered, the user will see the “Continue to Edit Picture” button. Just press the button to continue the process.
- Reduce the size as needed. There are many choices, ranging from 20 to 200 Kb.
- If the setting process is complete, the user can immediately press the “I am done, resize my picture!” button.
- As for the last storage process, users can press the “Save to Disk” button. Thus, the results will be downloaded and stored on the device.
The process of reducing the size of photos with this site is quite simple. But for the process to work properly, make sure the internet network is always stable. Because if there is a problem in the middle, then the download can be damaged.
Compress Image Size with a Web-Based Utility
To follow this method, you can use an image compressor by Duplichecker, which is easily available over the web. You just need a stable internet connection to make use of this online tool. Are you wondering how this tool can be utilized to reduce photo size? Let’s take you through the entire procedure!• In the first place, you need to open the web browser on your device. You don’t need a specific browser or device, as this tool can be accessed from anywhere.
• As you access the tool, you’ll see an option to upload the picture that you wish to compress. You can click this option and select the photo to reduce its size.
• If your picture is stored in the cloud storage account, you can click the icon of Google Drive or Dropbox to import it directly.
• After that, you need to press the Compress Image button.
• This tool will process your request and provide you with the reduced-size picture in no time.
• You can click the download button to save the compressed photo on your device
Reduce the Size of Offline Photos on Laptop
Because the two methods or ways to shrink photo files above require an internet network, we will now describe a process that can be applied offline. This method can only be applied to laptops or similar devices that have Paint software.
Because it utilizes this software, the process does not require an internet network until the process is complete. Curious how to reduce the photo? Check out the following description to find out:
- The first step is to enter the Paint software that is already available on the laptop.
- After that, press the “File” menu and select the “Open” option.
- Then select the photo you want to reduce in size. Therefore, make sure the photo is already on the laptop. To put it into Paint, just select it and press the “Open” button.
- Then when they return to the Paint page, the user must enter the “Home” menu and select the “Resize” option.
- Adjust the size according to your needs. Just enter what percentage it takes to convert it.
- If so, press the “Ok” button.
- Then save the results on the laptop by pressing the “Save” button.
That’s an explanation of how to shrink photo files by using a variety of different media. Because the explanation is very coherent, users only need to choose which method is appropriate to use according to their needs and abilities.