- 1 Top 6 Best Flat Iron For Short Hair 2022
- 2 1. BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium Mini Straightener Iron
- 3 2. HSI Professional Glider | Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener
- 4 3. CHI G2 Ceramic and Titanium 1 1/4″ Straightening Hair Styling Iron
- 5 4. Professional Hair Straightener, Flat Iron for Hair Styling By FURIDEN
- 6 5. AmoVee Mini Flat Iron Smart Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Straightener Negative Ionic Technology
- 7 6. Remington S5500 1″ Anti-Static Flat Iron
- 8 What to think before picking the best hair straightener for short hair?
- 9 Why should you purchase a straightener?
- 10 Final thoughts
Hair is precious for all of us hence we pay sufficient attention and care to make them healthy and attractive. The straightening of hair has been a challenging task for many of us. It seems to be very easy but only a girl can understand the complications she came across while doing so and if you have damaged hair then it’s almost near to impossible to get them straight without any problem. The hair care regime of any girl is incomplete without a quality straightener but the selection of a correct product is not that easy.
Since, I also have short and curly hair so I can understand different issues related to such kind of hair. I feel that the straightening of short hair is difficult but the more difficult task is to find the right straightener for them. After researching for many weeks, I finally found some quality products which are affordable as well. And in the ongoing article, I am going to share my findings of the 6 best flat irons for short hair. So let’s begin!
Top 6 Best Flat Iron For Short Hair 2022
1. BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium Mini Straightener Iron
The first one that I want to suggest is BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium Mini Straightener Iron. This Nano Titanium flat iron comes with Ultra-Smooth plates which makes the process of straightening quite easy as compared to the other products. Since, it gets heated up quickly so you don’t have to wait before using it. Even one can choose from 50 heat settings as per the nature of hair. It can provide maximum temperature up to 450 F.
Apart from technology, the design of this product is just awesome. The 5 inches extended plate ensures the faster straightening of short hair to make them smooth and gorgeous. It is designed in such a way that it is slim in shape and very light in weight. All these features make this product stand out differently from those heavy straighteners.
- The titanium plates provide high temperature and resist corrosion.
- The ceramic heater decreases the time taken to heat up.
- The plates are lightweight and easy to handle which makes this product user-friendly.
- It has the Ryton housing which ensures the safety of the user.
- It has 50 heat settings for regulating the temperature.
- It does not have a safety auto shut off feature.
- Dual voltage compliance is not provided.
2. HSI Professional Glider | Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener
HSI professional is not a new name in the hair care industry. This brand has been delivering salon-quality hair styling tools all over the world for years. All the products of this brand are made in the USA and quite suitable for the salon and domestic use.
The Glider flat iron has a tourmaline-infused ceramic plate that has 8 microsensors which can provide perfect straightening to short hairs in a few minutes. The biggest plus point that I find in this straightener is the Heat-Balance technology for distributing the heat equally. The high-tech iron provides constant temperature throughout the plate to make the straightening efficient and long-lasting. You can set temperature as per the hair type. The temperature ranges from 140 – 145 F which gives total control to the user.
- It is quite durable because of quality raw material.
- This is a multi-utility product as it is ideal to flip, curl and straighten your hair.
- It provides a 1-year warranty as well.
- The temperature range is less as compared to peers.
- Some girls may find it difficult to use this product for curling because of sharp edges.
3. CHI G2 Ceramic and Titanium 1 1/4″ Straightening Hair Styling Iron
The CHI PRO Hair Styling Iron could be the ideal choice to get silky and frizz-free hair in quick time. If I talk about the latest technology in hair straighteners then CHI G2 will be in the top position. Along with advanced technology, it has a very stylish and ergonomic design which is sufficient to jealous your neighbours. This iron offers renowned reliability and superior performance with several customization options. It also has an LCD screen for displaying temperature which enables you to set it as per your convenience. The ceramic floating plates are coated with high-quality titanium which makes them further strong to increase the durability. All these features make this device ideal for the straightening of short and curly hair.
- It has Dual Voltage settings which make it suitable for international usage.
- The titanium coating on the ceramic plates increases the smoothness and provides protection against corrosion too.
- It gets heated up in quick time (40 seconds).
- The maximum temperature output is 425 F / 218 C.
- This product comes-up with a two-year warranty.
- It consists of the LED display for convenient operation.
- Adjustable heat settings.
- Sometimes does not give a shining finish to short hair due to wide plates.
- It is not an ideal option to do curls.
4. Professional Hair Straightener, Flat Iron for Hair Styling By FURIDEN
As the name suggests the next product of my list is ideal for professional hairstylists as well as domestic use. Many a time we find it very difficult to carry a straightener during outings because of big size and weight. But this one is just 12 inches in size so you can easily put it in your handbag and take anywhere.
FURIDEN hair straightener is an international product as it has dual voltage (110 – 240V AC) compatibility. Moreover, it has a safety lock as well. In the kit along with Professional Hair Straightener, you will get Heat Resistant Glove, flat iron bag, salon comb, and 2 salon hair clips. I included this one because it carries the legacy of a well-known brand FURIDEN.
- This professional hair straightener consists of the 360° swivel cord for easy operation.
- It hardly takes 15s to get heated up.
- This one is suitable for all types of hair
- It is the best choice for those girls who love to travel.
- It has an extra-long cord so you don’t have to look for a switchboard all the time.
- High chances of breaking down due to its 360-degree flexibility.
- It can be harmful to skin and hair if you are not aware of safety measures.
- You may end up burning your hairs if you keep it too close to the hair for a long time.
5. AmoVee Mini Flat Iron Smart Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Straightener Negative Ionic Technology
Mini Flat Iron can provide professional smoothing to your short and curly hair too with great ease. It is designed in such a way that it helps you to get super-sleek, polished curls, cascading waves, or straight hair at home. This styling iron with floating plates helps you to experiment with your hairstyle every day to look glamorous and stunning. The mini flat iron comes with a heat resistant glove to avoid any unfortunate situation. Along with girls, this smart iron is quite useful for the boys as well.
This mini straightener has a fixed temperature of 410F to provide a salon-like hairstyle at home. A safety lock is also provided in this iron to avoid any casualty. I personally find this mini iron ideal for travelling as it occupies less space in the bag.
- Comes with dual voltage compatibility.
- Highly efficient with short hair.
- It has a swivel cord which makes the movement easy.
- Smart design coupled with a safety lock.
- Skin can be damaged if you touch the plates accidentally.
- Temperature adjusting facility is not provided.
6. Remington S5500 1″ Anti-Static Flat Iron
Well, last but not least, I picked up a Remington S5500 1″ Anti-Static Flat Iron. This straightener can provide smooth and glamorous hair in quick time. The ceramic plate of this device is coated with titanium for best finishing and protection against wear and tear. But the most interesting feature of this particular straightener is 30% longer plates which ensure quick styling and easy control. In this device you will find a digital controller to set the temperature of the hair straightener. All you need to do is set the temperatures as per your hair type, within a range from 310°F to 410°F and begin the mission of straightening at home.
- Turbo boost function is provided in this device
- The hinge lock is provided to protect the flat iron plates during storage
- Maximum temperature of 410°F is supported
- Digital control is present for accurate monitoring
- Auto Shut Off facility is available.
- A swivel cord is provided to make sure an easy 360-degree rotation
- Hair density may be reduced if you use this straightener on a regular basis.
- If you don’t know the proper way of using then you may end up damaging your hair.
What to think before picking the best hair straightener for short hair?
If you are going to purchase a straightener then you must be aware of some basic technical specifications like – width of plates, temperature range etc. Most mainstream straighteners which are reasonable for the short hair, have plates that come with sizes littler than an inch. Regularly this configuration would turn out to be best for your short hair as these kinds of straightener permits you to put the straightener extremely near to the scalp. The thin plate irons ideally work for both thick and thin short hairs. One can use them to make hair straight or curly.
Short hair requires such a kind straightener which allows you to take control of the measure of warmth you are trying to put on them, so little plates are nicer with a digital temperature controller. Thick and short hair regularly requires slow development and steady warmth which can be controlled with little plates. However, the digital controller allows you to arrive at a higher temperature for a quick time to get a perfect hairstyle without damaging hair.
Why should you purchase a straightener?
It is a misconception that only long hair requires care and attention. Those girls who have short hair consequently think that all they have to do is wash and dry the hair, as there is not much to do. If you also think so, rather you are wrong, short hair also needs proper care. There are a large number of well-known styles that can be accessed with short hair; all you require is the correct straightener. So if you don’t want to spend hard-earned money on frequent visits to the hairstylist for straightening, get yourself a quality straightener.
How to choose the best straightener for your hair?
Following points will help you to find the best straightener for your hair:
The shape of the plates of the iron is the first thing that one should notice while purchasing any straightener. If the plates are slightly bent or curved from the ends then you can use such a straightener as a curler as well. If your hair is naturally curly then you may choose 100 % flat plate straightener for more efficiency.
2. Plate Width
If you choose a straightener with wider plates then you may complete the process of straightening in less time. However, the thin plate straightener should be preferred for travelling as it occupies less space. Hence we can say that the narrow and wide, both designs have their specialties and limitations. You may choose anyone as per your convenience.
3. Material of Plates
You will find different kinds of straightener plates in the market which may create confusion in your mind. Usually, those metals are used for the preparation of plates which have high melting points. The ceramic plates ensure the uniform distribution of heat which gives even warmth to a large portion of the hair surfaces while the titanium plates get heated up too quickly which may help you to save electricity and time. You may find tourmaline plate straighteners in the market as well that can be ideal for rough and damaged hair. If you need to tame your curls with a flat iron, you must prefer reduced models with restricted heating on the plates.
Furthermore, there is a straightening brush also available in the market. For brush, I would suggest you, to go with rectangular-formed models with a smooth structure instead of oval-moulded brushes. At long last, you could utilize a hot air brush for making short hair straight too.
Hope the information shared in the article will help you get the best flat iron for short hair and you do not have to spend too much time on searching for an ideal straightener for short hair unlike me. All the products mentioned in the list have some special features and you can select any of them as per your need. If you find this article informative then do not forget to share your valuable feedback!